Register now to get rid of these ads!

""Fools rush in to the"" Aprill 2013 Banger Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Apr 1, 2013.

1. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ

Does anyone make a 5 Speed kit?

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

3. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Crazydaddyo for leading the way.
    Got the Powergen and mounted it on the banger. It is a great improvement over the Ford alternator that was on it from the PO. It works as good as it looks too. Don't know what I am going to do with the regulator mounted on the firewall but I suspect someone will tell me sometime. For now it is 'abandoned in place'.
    I'm ready for the spring weather now so I can go for a cruise.

LJ

Attached Files:

4. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

5. chopo

chopo

just wondering what your thoughts are... I wanna run a modern style distributor on my banger. i want to get away from the advance lever jazz. something with its own advance? any thoughts on brands? B style? etc

6. Why not run a stock rebuilt B? Hi-speed conversion caps are available, I picked up a couple 40's vintage 'Wells Ignition' distributor caps from Marx Parts a few months back;

[​IMG]

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

Sorry to interrupt, but does anyone here have contact info for the owner of this car? I shot the engine for a book I'm doing, but never found the owner to get the story on it. The cowl lettering thanks Bruce Crower, Robbie Ivy (the owner from San Diego, I'm told) and Jim Culbert.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Scotty

Attached Files:

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I used a Pinto distributor. In fact i liked it so much I used two.

Attached Files:

9. chopo

chopo

can i ask how a pinto is used? or where to find a b ?

10. I got my rebuilt B distributor off ebay...fella in Michigan I believe. Came with a NOS condenser.

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Cut the bottom off the housing and make one that works in your engine. Bolt it to the top of the distributor. Shorten or make a sleeve and lengthen the drive and install the correct gear and oil pump drive. At least that is what I did.

Attached Files:

12. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i run an FS electronic self advance dist . best thing next to my weber ! you time it like a modern car . turn the dist while using a timing lite . never looked back !!

13. Does anyone ever work on the English ford Lotus bangers?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I had a Lotus 907 four cylinder engine in my roadster for a while. Ran good. Not really HAMB approved I think.

15. I am using a mark V lotus motor which is 54-55 vintage if I am correct... It's cousin motor powered many vintage English fords.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Here's something for you banger guys! This is BCChopit's work in action.
    Enjoy!

17. bonesy

bonesy

Now that is awesome!

18. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ

Thanks, that made my morning! I wish I could shift that seemlessly. I didn't hear one "grind".!

19. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ

Not exactly a Banger question but I am building a car for the RoG and am having problems finding a "T" roadster spring to lower the rear of my 31 Model A roadster.

I posted in the Wanted section here and on the Ford Barn. Any other ideas?

20. Awesome video! Now I want to leave work and tinker with mine! Thanks!

21. They show up on that E auction site from time to time. Be patient, they're a lot rarer than Model A's. But I've bought two for $75 or less, shipped.

22. A Rodder

A Rodder

Can you guys shoot some pros and cons of either doing the swap to a 39 trans or s10 trans in my B banger coupe

It has a B engine, FS iginition, downdraft header with a 94, reds split header with glasspacks and 3.54 gears in the rear

It will cruise at 60 comfortably, I just don't like the gear splits and the double clutching has somewhat got old.

I considered the f150 trans but have read the splits are almost the same until OD.

Should add, splitting the front bone isn't gonna happen.

Thank you, Joe

23. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Mike,
    What a kick ass ride that was!! Thanks for videoing it! I cannot thank Bill (BCCHOPIT) enough for the work that he did for me on the exhaust and intake. I think that he nailed it and took my vision and made it happen. Here's a couple of more shots of his handy work on the "Dust Bowl Spl".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to get my Winfield head on and lighten the flywheel a bit. This has been a fun project and sure is at home on a dirt road or blasting through the pasture!! Fun day for sure!

24. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Bugsy,

Cool car, great video!

Bill, nice job!

25. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ

I'd rather buy at a fair price than to bid against some guy with a deep pocket. Anyone else have any sources they are willing to share?

26. A Rodder

A Rodder

Bought two from my good pal 117Harv.
    One was $100 shipped, the other $100 plus shipping.

The work out great!

27. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

You can try these guys:
    http://modelthaven.com/

28. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Too cool Buddy!! The first drive is always the best!! It motivates you to keep plugging away at it!! I dig your build too. Keep it up!!!

29. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

I couldn't find one so I am using an A with only 5 leaves and cut the short one for spacers to drop it lower.

I have a rear leaf spreader if you need to borrow it, makes it a lot safer and easier.