Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest food for thought

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by perrytudor32, Feb 10, 2016.

1. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

do you think there any workers on the production line at a ford plant putting 32 fords together who are still alive,what would they have said about there time on the line.what would they think about the 32 ford hot rods of today.do you know anyone still alive that was there.

2. Well, assuming the worker was 18 at the time, he'd now be 101....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

that's right.plenty live past a 100

4. He would probably be pissed about the asbestos and dingy conditions that he had to work in compared to todays assembly line workers. hell assembly line work has changed a ton just in my lifetime.

My old man was alive to see the first deuce, he was born in the '20s but he didn't start working a full time job till the middle to late '30s. I think he was 16 when he started working in the ship yards. he died in '03 and there was no way he would have lied to be 100, he was a mechanic and machinist before the war and until he was well into his 70s. Poor working conditions, solvents that are no longer legal and just a hard life in general took its toll on his health.