Register now to get rid of these ads!

Foggy gauges! Won't come clean!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Onelow34, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Onelow34

Onelow34

Ok guys so I pulled the gauge cluster out of my '63 C10 tonight to clean. The plexiglass is foggy, only seems to be on the exterior but I've tried a few things and still nothing! Tried dish soap and water,plastic cleaner, and even some hard scrubbing industrial soap. I need some help here! Any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

2. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

plastic headlight restoration kit from autozone, works like a charm.

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Yep, I used the 3M headlight resto kit to take the fog out of the dash lens in my old '64 C-10, worked great and saved me from having to buy a new one for $50.

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

after you get them clear use meguiars plastX on them to keep them clear, Good stuff, I keep buying it because I lose the bottles, I now also have about 4 of them somewhere. To clear the haze try to find a micro mesh kit, look for a KR-70 part number, I think you can order them from aircraft spruce. It's a plastic restoration kit, we use them at work to polish the marks out of aircraft windows

5. Deuces

Deuces

....... Or you could try Pledge with Future shine.. ;)
    Use a foam brush to apply it with...
    Post before and after pictures please!! :)

6. Before all these great new products hit the market, we used plain old tooth paste to clean the fog off of headlight covers. Always worked real well.

7. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Wenol metal polish and a soft cloth works great...100% cotton won't scratch.

8. Onelow34

Onelow34

Thanks guys! Im going to try a few things and I will post pics in the next few days! Thanks again!

9. SmoKerch

SmoKerch

Brasso, gently.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, a coworker turned me on to using tarter control toothpaste to polish the plastic headlight on the wife's minivan. The Meguire's Plastix might help it stay clear longer though.