Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG Parts ID HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiacres Ranch, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Ok.....Im not up on 30s-40s cars. Oldest Ive got is the 56 Pontiac. Ive got alot of crap, and even though I dont have room, I know when something is worth grabbing. So.....Here it is, can anyone help me ID it? I know its Wide 5, and I know they are Juice Brakes....but thats where it stops. Where do I find PNs or Casting Dates? Here are the pics!

My name is Ed Evans.....Im Pontiaddict, and I have a problem! Someone said something about AAA?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

The rearend has a Metal Tag with 7.34 and a casting number of B148

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

the 7.34 might be the gear ratio and looks like it came out of a BIG truck.

4. flatford39

flatford39

The wide fives are a mystery to me, but the front axle is definately 53 56 Ford F100 or heavier as is the rearend.

Wonder why someone would put the wide five brake drums on the F100 backing plate??? Maybe he had them laying around a cobbled something together.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

3/4 or 1 ton '39-'41 Ford ... those rear wheels are heavier & wider than car wheels, so grab them first.

6. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Heavier type Ford Truck( 1-3 ton) . When I was in Russia I noticed a lot of Russian trucks have an identical diff ,probably a hangover from when Ford sold the Soviets all their old tooling.
    This is a GAZ AA ( really heavy duty Model AA)
    [​IMG]
    http://www.o5m6.de/gaz_aaa_1937.html

7. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Looks like late 40's early 50's Ford truck. Remember we used to use the rear drums on the right front of stock cars. They used to be called safety hubs.:):D

8. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Time to Off this stuff or send it to the Scrap Yard.....Ive got the rearend and the front Axle. The Wide 5s and Front Brakes are gone. Can anybody tell me for sure what it is or should I just list it as Mystery Parts in the Classifieds for a few weeks before I scrap them?

9. Andy

Andy

The front axle is about 40 Ford as are the brakes. Get everything but the axle. The rear brakes,drums, wheels are desirable. That open drive flange might fit car rears.

10. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Thanks Andy,

I just put it all up in the classifieds with a bunch of better Pics. Want it gone, and hate to just scrap it.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, some old stock car restorer my want them, but heavy stuff is costly to ship. :)

12. Backing plates w/hyd brakes and wide 5 hubs=1939 Ford.....

13. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Ford truck for sure