Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG from Utah

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by grovedawg, Oct 20, 2009.

1. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

What's up? I grew up riding dirt bikes with my old man out in the desert. He was always telling me stories about his '56 Chevy Nomad. He had it balanced and blue printed, and if it wasn't for his girl at the time, who lugged it up a hill and destroyed the valve train he'd probably still have it to this day.

Anyway, I worked on bikes with my dad all through my childhood. My first road bike was a Yamaha Vmax. But my heart was never in it and I sold it and bought my first Harley. Since then it's been a love affair with working on my Harley's. I'm slowly "bobbing" my fat boy, and have since fell in love with rat rods and hot rods- the grand dad of American muscles cars.

Well, the long and the short of it is I'm getting a divorce, and am excited about starting a new project. I've to two projects that I''m working on. A model A that've never seemed to start, and a 1955 Ford Truck. I'll start another thread and post some pics. I can't tell you how much I've already learned reading through the post the past several weeks. Thanks in advance for all your help and patients. Now fasten your seat belts 'cause it's on like Donkey Kong.

Laters, Ryan

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. twink

twink

Welcome grovedawg and good luck with your build.

3. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, dug the bikes too. Scars and memories will always be there. But the cars are more friendly in the rain........ Welcome aboard!

5. Welcome from another Ryan in Utah County.

6. Welcome from Susan & Larry in the Mo. ozarks

7. Welcome to the HAMB lots of good people here. A lot of us localy as well. Good luck on the A.