Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG from ND

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mr Mayo, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

Hello, I am a car-aholic and have been since birth 53 years ago. I live in North Dakota, work shift-work, and live on 40 acres out in the sticks.

My project is a '54 Ford F100 that was given to me by my wife's mother after my father-in-law passed away. I'm just getting started on it, and progress is slow. It seems there's always something on the chore list around the farm that needs to be done first.

Like I say, I have loved cars as long as I can remember, and I am particularly fond of cars and pickups of the 50's and 60's. My first car was a '58 Chevy Yeoman 2-door station wagon I bought for 60 bucks in 1974. After that I have had a '66 GTO, '66 El Camino, '66 Impala convertible, and '55 & '58 Chevy pickups, and I wish I still had 'em all.

I love to look at the work you guys are doing on your cars, and the artwork in the weekly art thread. You guys have some real talent and vision.

I'll contribute when I think I have something worthwhile.

2. Welcome - I have a '54 also. Just sent you an invite to the HAMB F100 group too.

3. Armstrong

Armstrong

Welcome, from another Nodak.

4. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

you know why it's windy in North Dakota? Because Minnesota sucks! :D

Ah, j/k. :)

Where at in western ND?

5. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

And Montana Blows..:D:p:D

BTW welcome Mr Mayo from a fellow Nodakker.:)

6. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

Hey man, welcome! Where is Huff?

7. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

Huff is about 20 miles south of Mandan, where I commute to work. We bought a farm with a bunch of outbuildings and the race is on to see if I can fill them with iron before my wife fills them with animals. So far, I think I'm ahead!

8. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

HUFF HILLS!

Welcome another person from ND.