Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG from Minnesota

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by trent, Feb 12, 2006.

1. trent

trent

I've been lurking on the HAMB for about 8 months now. Made an account so I could email myself links and stuff. Finally doing an intro so I can post some stuff.

For as long as I can remember (I'm only 23) I've liked hot rods and old cars but always thought you had to have someone build them or at least spend big $ on them. When I heard about and saw the more traditional and budget hot rods, I knew what I needed to do. So I started learning as much as I could and watching for sales and good deals on some old tin. I also dragged my dad into this- he's usually been more into muscle cars/ corvettes.

Last fall we picked up a 26-27 model T coupe and Model A rolling frame on an auction. Since then we've been gathering parts including a 53 chrysler hemi, buick drums, and a 39 ford truck grill. I'll attach a picture of the pre-pre-mockup that we did. It's complete with a fake channel job (the original floor is still there, the frame is wired to the top of it), jack stand rear end, and motor mounts made of chain. You can also see the modified rear end from the same chrysler imperial where we got the engine.

hamb_model_t.jpg

2. Welcome from another Gopher State'r..... :)

Looks like the start to a cool project !

3. Welcome from another cold one! :rolleyes:
    Hemi powered T ? Your dad will throw rocks at his musclecars
    when he goes for his first ride in that! Good luck with it.

Doc

4. titus

titus

Damn, glad i went with a cadi motor in mine,

welcome to the hamb.

jeff

Attached Files:

5. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Welcome aboard! You may be new, but you're off to a GREAT start! That project is KILLER! Good Luck in all you do! Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

6. Stevie D

Stevie D

Welcome aboard.Nice start looking real good.

7. Machinos

Machinos

Whoa. I'm 23, from St. Cloud, and have a hemi too...

As I found out a few years ago, you CAN work on old cars without a lot of money, it's just a pain in the ass since you have to learn how to do (and then actually do) everything yourself.

PM me or something!

-Adam