Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG from eastern Oregon

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 42 chevy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Hello, my name is Jay, I am 41 and have been into classic cars since I could read. I am a copier/printer repairman for the last 14 years. I love to fish and love the outdoors. I do all of my own work that I safely can. No welding on structural components but do weld. I can rebuild engines and can do almost anything electrical and mechanical in my own cars. I love the traditional cars of all kinds and can appreciate most any car that is safely built. My cars are unfinished because I am poor , but do plan on finishing them. They are safe and mechanically sound. I have a '42 Chevy with an Olds 350/400 combo. It has a Nova clip and rear and I rewired it with an EZ wiring harness. My '42 was a $400 car that I have slowly made into a driver. I have a '53 Ford pickup, a '57 Chevy 150 that I have had since 1989. Glad to be here and am looking forward to learning from you guys and helping out when I can. I also am posting a couple pics from local salvage yard. The old Ford car has a V8-60 in it and he wants quite a bit for it, $8500 if I remember right. Love the site.

Attached Files:

2. Jay, thanks for the really nice intro, refreshing for a change. I Really like the '42 chevy.
    Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

3. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Thanks. I never knew they even made a '42 Chevy till I found mine, and now it is the one I want to keep forever. I plan on finishing it eventually, I have a 455 I am going to build for it and paint it a very dark green. My wife thinks I have too many cars but would kill me for selling the '42, she daily drove it for several years.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Nice cars and a great intro. Welcome from the Netherlands!

5. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Thanks for the welcome.

6. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Any one checking this out, I have a nice group of photo's from a junkyard of vintage tin in my profile.

7. Nice lookin' bunch of cars you've got. Welcome from Arkansas...