Register now to get rid of these ads!

flywheel to starter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plymouth_man, Apr 1, 2007.

1. plymouth_man

plymouth_man
    from WI.

Have a 91 s-10,350 motor,350 trans,flywheel tooth count 132, the motor is up to close to the firewall to see the numbers for the year,I am guessing that it is a late 80s or earley 90s. It has the serpentine belt drive. The starter had a stripped bolt in it,heli-coiled it,but the starter gear will not disengage all the way,shimed it(.020) and than it is to far away. The fly. is new, does this flywheel need a metic starter gear? The standard chevy starter is close but don't mesh in like it should. All the info. that I have found on flex plates-flywheels have more teeth count. The one who installed the flywheel has past on,to find out what the flywheel was from. The company who made it is pioneer inc. Can't pull the trans back,unless I pull the motor out also.(HELP) Any info. would be greatly appriceated. Thanks

2. plymouth_man

plymouth_man
    from WI.

What no trans guru's