Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flywheel questions 235-T5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hb32, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Going thru the logistics of putting an S10 T-5 transmission in my 55 2nd with a 235. Read all there is to read regarding the swap and have hit a wall with the flywheel. Picked up what I thought was a small block flywheel this afternoon and turns out, according to the casting # 3789733, a big block version. Research indicates that there was no difference in the small to big block flywheels except for some big block 400`s. Matching it up with a 235 flywheel I got with a spare engine, it is off on the bolt spacing. Now I am confused as to which flywheel I need. The articles I have read indicate using a small block flywheel. Anyone have an answer?

2. Kustm52

Kustm52

Stock 235 or 216 flywheel works fine. The only concern is finding a clutch plate with splines to match the s-10 input shaft that is close to diameter of the 235 clutch. One from an Astro van is the largest diameter I think.

Brian

3. I was hoping to use an 11 inch clutch and disc but the 235 flywheel is drilled for a 9 inch with no provision to change it. I am going the Vega disc hub to 11 inch disc mod as described on inliners.

4. quad4rods

quad4rods
    from denver

Ues the clutch disc from a Quad4 they are 9" and have the same spline as the S10. John

Register now to get rid of these ads!