Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Flying into Phoenix...Driving back to Austin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Badass truck J1 cant wait to see it in person.Bring out Monday night to the Dog and Duck and show it off.Glad the trip went well

2. Ther's one in Tucson - it is at the Kino Blvd exit #263 - get off I-10 & then it is on the North side of I-10 next to the Chevron. :D

3. Harrisontx

Harrisontx
    from Waco Texas

That is a great picture, with the sun setting behind the bed.

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I guess you are one lucky guy! We had the 2nd lowest high temp for this date on record, that is one nice truck too!

5. phat rat

phat rat

Nice looking truck.

6. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

transmissions caput 60 miles east of San Antonio. Mile marker 518 on I-10 eastbound.

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

damn it.... can anyone help?

8. Andy

Andy

Anybody know his cell phone? I have a truck and can pull him.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

PM sent, not sure if it's current....

10. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

OK...I sat there for a while. Then drained over 3 quarts out of the port where the vac modulator goes because it looked to be the culprit of the leak. I hit the road and it did fine for about 25 miles, then started slipping in 3rd again. It's not leaking from the modulator afterall. Just worn out I guess. I can't see the fluid level very well on the dipstick since it's POS chrome, so I'm guessing I overfilled it...causing the smoke from the ATF spewing out the tube and onto the exhaust. I made it to a WalMart and bought some Lucas Trans Fix thinking I could get a temporary bandaid. That didn't help. I'm at my gal's house in San Antonio and gong to head to my place in a bit. It should do fine, even if I have to drive in 2nd.

Thanks Andy for the phone call. That's my old number and my dad has it now. Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it. I had a buddy in far north Austin ready to come trailer me home. I should have updated from my phone but I was very frustrated. I guess a trans rebuild is going to happen ASAP. There goes the money for my AC! Oh well that's hot rodding.

Thanks again guys, for everything.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well.. at least it had the presence of mind to break closer to home rather than farther away. Not a bad start for a new relationship right? I've got my cars all trained so that they only break pulling into my driveway, or a friends shop, but that takes years! Hope I didn't jinx you with that adventure comment a couple of days ago...

12. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

Great looking truck and I hope you get the trans fixed soon! Bummer that it gave out, but as you said, that is hot rodding! Anyway, I love how it looks and the stance is great too.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

LOL, I found that number and PM'd him, at least we tried. Good luck with getting her the rest of the way.

14. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Thanks zman!

I drove the truck home from my gals place about 50 miles last night. It slipped most of the way but I just took it easy and cruised. I'm on the hunt for a rebuilder or another trans as I type this.

15. bobjob55

bobjob55

heading south on the 10,,,there is a in-and out burger right off the 10 freeway that you can see on the left side ..in casa grande...... great burgers and good prices too ... the double-double has 4 hunks of meat .. great fries and shakes too.. also get a t-shirt while you are there ... it will really make your trip memorable ,,, and you will be the envy of all your friends .. that part of the freeway is 75 mph ,, and you will get run-over by semi's if you go the speed limit ....

16. Sorry to hear about the transmission problem, but glad you made it back to Texas fine. Enjoy the truck

17. Freeland

Freeland

not this weekend, but next weekend i have to venture your way for work... hit me up if you need an extra hand in a rebuild or replacement...