Register now to get rid of these ads!

Floyd De Bore 1958 Pontiac Bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 14, 2011.

1. flamingokid

flamingokid

A very complex paint job that came out right.Simply beautiful.

2. bob-o

bob-o

Long Live Larry Watson!

3. slammed

slammed

Imagine people rolling up on this Poncho back then. Mind bender.

4. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

My wifes parents had a dairy, and Floyd did relief milking for them. I didn't know Floyd , but knew of him. I think he was one of the WILD ones. The car and Floyd were one.

5. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

Actually, 1958 was the 50th anniversary of General Motors which is why they were all unique one year models. It was a big promotional thing. Unfortunately the country was in a serious recession and a lot of people, including my dad, were laid off. Hence, they didn't have anywhere near the sales figures as the 57 models. It was 1960 before the economy was recovering.

6. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

so nice i have had a soft spot for the 58's.

7. cg205

cg205

I bought a new '58 Pontiac Chieftan 2 dr hardtop my senior year of high school (I had a job and every penny I earned went into that car). Bright red with white side stripes and roof. Anyone around Indianapolis then might remember that car since it hit almost every drive-in nightly, and was the only '58 I ever saw with genuine '57 Merc Turnpike Cruiser skirts. They looked great, but were a problem with more than 2 people in the car....scraped the hell out of the whitewalls. Mild custom grill,lowered, '55 Olds taillights, VERY loud duals, and, as was the custom back then, a name on the rear fenders...."Waterloo" in gold, Old English script.

8. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I have always been a big fan of Debore's Pontiac, and many mild '58s as kustoms in general. In more recent times, here's a super cool mild '58, I'd love to see this one in person...man check out those upholstered wheel wells!

[​IMG]