Register now to get rid of these ads!

Florida help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8deuce, Jan 17, 2013.

1. v8deuce

v8deuce

I have a chance to move to Florida for a couple of years and was wondering what the laws were as far as emissions for my 32 Ford roadster it has a 97 cobra 4.6 engine.Do I need cats or anything? Thanks in advance.

Randy

2. White05GT

White05GT
    from NC

Florida doesn't do inspections so should be good to go.

3. v8deuce

v8deuce

Awesome thanks

Randy

4. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

yep, no inspections

Godspeed
    MrC.

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

Come on down, they stopped emission testing probably 15 years ago and haven't done safety inspections for 30 years.

6. meangreen

meangreen

A couple of years?? After you've been here a couple of years you won't want to go back to the frozen north. We drive our hotrods and ride motorcycles year-round here.

As for your original question - there is no emissions test here. When I moved here in 1980, cars had to pass a yearly vehicle safety inspection. That entailed a quick inspection of lights, turn signals, brake lights and a quick test to check the functionality of your brakes, front and rear, including emergency brakes. Even back then, there was no emissions test. The whole safety inspection process was scrapped in 1981 or '82 because it cost the state too much to operate and proved to be pretty much useless.

7. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Thanks for the early-morning (minus 20) bout of depression.... :(