Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Florida "Billetproof Drags" - Event photos here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I hope this isn't taken as a negative, because for me I truly mean this in a positive way.

One thing that I loved about this event is the fact that was so relaxed. It was OK if you missed a shift, fine if you weren't 100% sure how to stage, no problem if your car didn't run a 6 second 1/8 mile, or if you've never run your car at the strip before.

It was just a bunch of guys that love hot rods having fun with it. I will be back next year, with my rpu. And I won't lose sleep if(when:p) I red-light:D:D

Dan

2. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

3. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Only one I got of it.
    Best event i've been to!!! Had a blast, alot of entertainment for 10bucks, will be at the feb 27 show in gainseville.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  4. S1B

S1B

Feb 27th drags???
    Thanks for the Valiant pic.

5. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

That was the most fun I've probably ever had a car event. We spend all this time and money putting these machines together and then get to see them in action. Many thanks to Alan for the greet setting too! Good times with great friends. The "test and tune" is something I definitly needed. I will correct a couple issues and come back stronger next year. Big Mike: I tried to say thanks for the run but you where to busy in the winners circle. Hope to see everyone again real soon! THanks again for the great day! Dallas.

6. greyone

greyone

Hey Dallas this ones for you, Dave[​IMG]

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Squigy, your avatar is creepy man.

8. I think you were the only one I beat... :D Thanks for that!

9. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Truth be told, Dallas's car was a little detuned for this race. Probably the only way I could beat him. We'll get at it next year.

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ain't no sweeter sound than a hopped up six, cept maybe two of 'em in battle.

11. skunx1964

skunx1964

had an awesome time myself, hopefully next year ill have a car running when it comes around. good to see all my friends there. got a killer sunburn....

12. Dallas, you need to check your throttle stop next year. That John is a sneeky bastard.

13. skunx1964

skunx1964

[​IMG]

double bird flippin action

14. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Hahaha...
    she is a falanthropist(sp) my mother-in-law knows here in town acctualy she lives on the island of Palm Beach, she is one of those high society women who have more money than i will ever know.I saw this pic of her and had to use it.Dude she is like in her late 70`s but is kool as shit..

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I thought it was you in drag.

16. S1B

S1B

OOOPS,I must be in the wrong thread.I thought we were talking about the drag racing you do with cars.

17. Choptop

Choptop

there is nothing to take the wrong way... that was the whole idea of this event. I wanted to get Billetproofers out on the strip with their hot rods in JUST that kind of environment. Just go racing, have fun, no pressure.

18. Choptop

Choptop

no drags, the show is Feb 27 in Gainesville.

19. Choptop

Choptop

So did anyone get a pic of "PartyBoy"?

i'm almost afraid to ask :D If you saw him, you know why!!!

20. skunx1964

skunx1964

musta missed that....

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I missed Party Boy too.

22. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Haha,good one guys..

23. S1B

S1B

I didn't see "party boy"

24. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

Will Billetproof run it again next year. It was great fun I have never ran my truck that hard and it was eye opening for me WOW. My truck will see a strip again ASAP.
    IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    Of course I put in the pick of me winning sorry if you are the other car;)

25. FrankCowan

FrankCowan

Great event. I brought my 8 year old son. His first drag. He got a kick out of the mini bikes... especially the guy slapping his mini bike like a horse. Walked around looked at the cars. While we were staring at a nice dragster the owner came over and offered to let him sit in it. He hasn't stopped talking about that. thanks very much

here are a couple vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFej7iqt5gw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyXS3feBOoc

26. The other car belongs to me. We were having fun no matter who was winning. I couldn't even tell you who was driving on that run. The old '61 was getting passed around like a drunk chick at a biker bash.:D

27. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

I was unfortunate enough to see party boy, it was funny as hell but also kind of frightening!

28. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

My daughter was so happy I won, it was a blast since I had my rear handed to me earlier by a wicked Falcon. Thanks for letting someone else drive and it was a great time had by all. Great atmosphere for the family and fun just simply easy.

29. S1B

S1B

That Falcon only made one pass didn't it? It was a bad ass car! I think he killed the clutch. I could be wrong.

30. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Ohhh the party boy... I cant be totally responsible for the actions of everyone in my camp area, hahahaha. I have some pics of that dude coming soon. It was a damn good laugh though.

Many thanks Dave , Greyone, for that clip! I wanted to hang with the Rumblers guys a bit more but the day slipped away before I know it. Hopefully we'll have some time for a few beers at Fizzys next month. Great to see all of you!