Register now to get rid of these ads!

Florida.... Anybody goin to Chucks invitational BBQ ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodwalt, Nov 6, 2003.

1. hotrodwalt

hotrodwalt

You know old Chuck Burns in Sanford?? This sunday?

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Erm' I'd go but as you know I'm no longer welcome at Chuck's.
    Well what can I say?
    It seems that after 4 attempts at a heartfelt apology and one time of a civil conversation that hatchets could be considered buried, but I'd be wrong.

I hope he has a great show anyway, post some pics for the pariahs will ya', ol pal?

3. Antibilly

Antibilly

I declined my invatation to the picnic under a protest to Nads not being invited as well as most the rest of the club!
    Nads not welcome at a Florida event then Redneck Mike's not welcome either!
    a copy of the letter mailed to Chuck...He now hates me I hear???

"To whom it may concern
    I have received your invitation to the Rods and Restoration picnic. I was about to send in my
    RSVP, when I realized I was going against everything I preach. I attended the picnic last year and had
    a great time. But one thing was missing. I couldn't put my finger on it for the life of me.
    Then it hit me! One of the best guys around wasn't there. That's right a old friend of yours had been banned
    from the event. it would be very easy to over look the fact that he's not invited, but that's not how I work.
    Nadeem is one of the biggest contributors to the hot rod and kustom scene here in Orlando and should
    be apart of any event his friends and Family attend.
    That being said this year I will have to decline the invite due to the outlined reasons. I hope you have a
    great turn out, and its a success like that last year."

4. hotrodwalt

hotrodwalt

wow........well that was well said..

5. Antibilly

Antibilly

Thanks.....He kinda didnt care so much for the whom it may concern part..but hey! If Im not pissing em off Im just pissing!!
    have fun!..........see ya at the TRR "row 55" hahahaha

6. Walt I'm thinking of going. It will be my first time. Don't know what happened with the Nads thing and it probably isn't my buisness anyway. Me and Jon will see you there.

7. dv8

dv8

Uh....Although we weren't technically invited...at least not buy the guy runnin' the show....It maybe OUR last time there as well. [​IMG]

8. Cannibal

Cannibal

dv8 you can have my invite.

I went to this show long before knowing Nads.
    And knowing Nads and what a good and dedicated guy he is.
    I along with some club mates also respectfully declined his invite.
    PS Mike will probably have some kinda "anti Chuck Burns shindig" anyway.

9. Antibilly

Antibilly

Hell I have a stack of invites......come and get emmmmmmm!!!

I think Im going to the beer fest on Sunday?.....if not well find away to drink our selves silly

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Tampons y'all should go to Chuck's BBQ, it's a great show. In fact Chuck started doing this traditional getogether years ago, before 'traditional' was cool and had a meager following, especially in Florida.
    I didn't influence Mike's decision at all, he did this on his own, but I was touched. Y'see I have to look at Mike's face at least twice a week, and it's been like that for three years. I guess he's my numero uno drinking buddy and he felt some sense of loyalty and declined. I would do the same for him, that's all.

Having said that, Chuck's a good guy, albeit somewhat of a loner and unwilling to let the past go. In fact he still boycotts Moon because it's owned by 'Japs.' He hasn't let WW11 die, I doubt he'll let our little tiff die either. I wish in my heart that he would, I've thought about writing him a letter but every other attempt has been met with derision.

He's a top notch builder though, I understand his Deuce roadster will be a showstopper, and I can't wait to see it.

I wish him all the best. I miss his dad and mom and his dog Gypsy even.

Sometimes in life friendships get broken, I wish it wasn't this way because it's a burden that's hard to bear. I just don't want anything like this to happen to me again and I'll do my best to keep my mouth shut in the future.

Have a good time on Sunday fellas, post some pics my brothers.

11. dv8

dv8

I guess we're going to the Mt. Dora swap first...I'm assuming it's still being held.

12. Antibilly

Antibilly

Yes its still going on......
    Hell I found out last night Chuck Longley isnt even going....and thats just because he just dosnt want to....hell itll be a bust at this rate. [​IMG]

13. Antibilly

Antibilly

So how was the Rainy Windy picnic?........It was a ball buster out at the swap......I think I saw Voodoo making way towards the swap for a big let down!!.

so how was the picAnic [​IMG]

14. The picnic was great. Sprinkled a little but no hard rain. That will be the last swap at Mt. Dora I'll go to for a while. It sucked hard. Luckily it was on the way. Put about 300 miles on the wagon Sunday. OD is the only way to go. 80 mph on the interstate all the way home.

15. swissmike

swissmike

The turnout was pretty decent, considering...
    Probably 25 cars or so. Not too much I have not seen before. Among the highlights were a customized black and white '57 Ranchero and an absolutely awesome, full fendered A coupe, supposedly a clone of the car the owner built in high school.

I have a couple of pics in my digital camera but i was out of the office yesterday and forgot it today. I will still try to post a few.
    It was good to see vodoo and dv8 show up. Sorry to hear the swap sucked.

16. Mike it was good to see you again too. Grinder, Walt, Sweats, Indian Jim, Max et.al. My fave was the fendered '33 Essex coupe.

17. dv8

dv8

I'm getting back 54 pictures tomorrow...old school 35mm. [​IMG]

Since I'm soo low-tech, maybe Voodoo can scan some of them and post them this week.

I had an awesome time at the BBQ. I think more so because of the people there than just the cars. No B.S., just great cars and great "car people".

Mike, your car is perfect, and a good shot of inspiration for anyone who lays eyes on it!

18. Well where are the pictures speed it up it's been a week now still waiting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . dv8 voodoo swiss mike ?

19. Hey tampons quit staring at the pictures and post them already .

20. dv8

dv8

Voodoo's got 'em! I can't post them, I've got backwards-ass MSN TV!

21. well get them posted snap it up voodoo dam he's getting old

22. [​IMG]Dam lazy bums post them picture. bttt!

23. Cannibal

Cannibal

Grinder check your PM