Register now to get rid of these ads!

floor shifter (help!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fenian65, Jul 5, 2010.

1. fenian65

fenian65

ok folks ive got a 52 dodge coronet that i put a 318 and 904 in what i need is a floor shifter what can i get from the junkyard that will work with little to no mods except for the mounting any ideas? im broke so i gotta make something work.....thanks

2. fenian65

fenian65

nobody? come on somebody has to have the answer....you guys are awesome

3. How bout a early Mustang. See alot of those in cars or just walk the yard and pick one out that looks good and make it work. Thats more of a challenge and IMHO more fun anyway.:)

4. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

I will be doing the same thing in my 55 Plymouth so I have some interest here too. My trans is a 727 but same concept. What about an early Barracuda or a later Duster or Dart with floor shifter. Most of those had 904 trannies and shouldn't be too hard to use.
    Keep us posted if you are successful and hopefully someone out there has done this.
    Nice car by the way.

5. jerry

jerry

Look for a postal jeep. They are using chrysler trans in those. Used one in a 47 dodge, only had to shorten the linkage rod. Might be a little bulky in your application but this ids hot rodding and it can be easily modified.

jerry

6. i would go with a mustang shifter aswell cheap and plentiful

all performance mopar stuff is pricey and rare and of course everybody that has anything for them thinks the junk is gold

7. fenian65

fenian65

thanks guys....steppinout ill let ya know what i find out