Register now to get rid of these ads!

Floor pans 1935 to 1940 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbauer, Nov 1, 2012.

1. tbauer

tbauer

Has anyone thought about using drake floor pans in a 1935 /'36 ford ? I know the beads are not the same but what about the outer dimensions ? I'm not concerned about being factory original. What about the rockers ? I've seen the bradley floors and the look very nice but Drake seems more accessable. My cars have zero for floor pans now so it would be nice to have a good pan to build on.

2. If you're not concerned about being factory original, grab yourself a bead roller and make your own. Floor pans are pretty simple (take it from me, I'm an idiot and I figured it out).

I've heard good things about Bradley. Don't know about Drake. I've always had good luck with EMS sheet metal.

3. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i made my subrails and will be doing floors soon.. dennis carpenter now sells the 40 parts. ive often wondered what the differences are. mcphearsons auto sells nice subrails, and kelvin waddington also sells 35-36 subrails (nostalgia speed and cycle).

4. tbauer

tbauer

I'm sure I could make the floor pans, the problem is I don't have any measurements to go by. Maybe someone in fort worth area has a '35'36 ford body shell I could look at and take some measurements ? :cool: