Register now to get rid of these ads!

Floor pan .need help..1950 chevy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pablo servin, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Pablo servin

Pablo servin

Hi fellas, I'm new to this I've been on so many sites trying to figure what driver side floor pan are direct fit because some sites show them but they do not look like direct fit ? Any help would be apreaciate . The last picture looks direct fit but I dont know were to order from to not have issues. Any help please and thanks 20200128_161251.jpeg 20200128_161255.jpeg Screenshot_20200201-205412_Google.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. gene-koning

gene-koning

There are not many direct fit floor pans out there, most are a generic "close" to direct fit. I suspect there are probably very few places that are actually stamping floor pans for your specific truck, most places just ship stuff from an off shore stamping company that stamps out panels for a lot of vehicles.

If you want a true direct fit floor pan, you will probably have to go to a supplier that specializes in repair panels for your specific truck, and then you will need to get all the structure pieces and the pans from them. Seldom does a guy get away with just replacing the pans, often there are structure pieces under the floor that need replacing as well. Gene

3. Budget36

Budget36

4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I have had good luck with the patch panels from www.Classic Parts .com. I made the mistake of buying
    the floor from an ebay seller as the pic looked the same. The pieces I received looked like a high school
    metal class project that went wrong. I cut them up and made them work but would never want to
    recommend that to you. Buy from a major supplier, my guess is they are mostly all stamped from the same place. Be prepared to replace the front cab floor supports also.

5. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

All the floor pans I have seen for this truck leave a 3/4 or so gap between the left and right panel if you change bolth

6. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

There are 1 piece stampings available now, no experience with them though.

7. donsz

donsz

I bought replacement floor panels from LMC truck (see Budget36 post above). I was happy with the fit and finish. LMC truck is often not the cheapest, but their catalogs have great parts "explosions" that make it easy to determine what you need. Their catalogs are on-line, but if you buy from them they send you paper copy. I keep an old catalog around just for reference. Also, you may need additional parts such as cab mounts, under-structure, etc., these people usually have the best prices: https://www.classicparts.com/Floor-Firewall/products/29/1/0 Try the Stovebolt promo code.
    For excellent information about your truck visit https://www.stovebolt.com/ They have a great forum and tech article section.
    don

8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Look at the Filling Station in Oregon or Chevy of the ‘40’s in Vancouver Washington.

9. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I put this dr side panel in my 51 and it fit like a glove. It was from LMC, but I think Filling Station and chevsofthe40s may have the same supplier, because I thought their repair panels look the same and their quality is just as good. I´d avoid Ecklers group, they may be cheaper but their parts are just that. Cheap.
    ASAH2466.jpg DQVM7400.jpg

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I bought some LMC panels for a 1972 Suburban. they make one for the rear wheel openings and they were missing a body line. lower front fender patches needed major reworking to fit. I guess whatever screw ups they make to floors will be covered with carpet, that option was not available for my wheel openings or fenders.

that floor is so flat I'd say it is time to learn how to make your own. it has been my experience that if you have the skills to fit one of these ill fitting patch panels you have the skills to make your own.

Budget36 likes this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

This is what I'd do, unless I'm trying to restore something.

Reality is a 4 foot piece of sheet metal and a ball peen hammer is all there is needed. But, for some it might be wiser/more efficient to purchase pre made, trim and fit.. All good.

Main thing is the OP won't be dragging his toe nails down the road. :)

12. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where are you located? There may be a HAMB member that can help you fit one from a piece of sheet steel.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Filling station is in Lebanon Oregon up I 5 from where you are at.
    https://www.fillingstation.com/
    I use their catalogs a lot to see if a part exists in the aftermarket as there are few things for old Chevys that they don't show. Personal experience says that they may depend on their suppliers to ship them a stock order before they ship the item to you on less than common items. That was on a park light lens for a 77 Chevy C 30 pickup.
    https://www.classicparts.com/ is my go to on smaller parts simply because they ship USPS priority mail with the cost being the size of the box your order will fit in. Most Chevy truck trinket vendors are within a very close price range with others but usually Chev's of the 40's will be the highest of the bunch. They do offer some things that others don't though.