Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fleetline titles Do they say fleetline on them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jamcoupe, Feb 28, 2011.

1. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

I'm wondering if fleetlines titles just say 2 door or do they say 2 door fleetline?

Im needing a title for a 1949-1950 2 door fleetline (preferably Texas title)

Thanks Jeff

2. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Mine doesn't say 'Fleetline' on the title. However, somewhere in the VIN, there might be a # designating the 'model'...in your case 'Fleetline'.

If that's the case, someone would have to 'decode' the VIN to see that your new title didn't actually match your car.

3. The VIN on my car (Canadian built) contains the body-style number 1007 within it indicating that it is a Fleetline. My car is a '51, so the VIN starts: 1, then 1007, then the actually serial number... 11007#####

On my car this is on the firewall data plate. Maybe yours is similar (though the identifier number might be different south of the border)?

Hope this helps.

-Dave

4. Depends on the state and who was doing the paperwork at the time. I have seen titles that just say 2 door or 4 door and others that say the model of the car or truck.

Sometimes the paperwork isn't even correct. I had a '64 Chevelle once a malibu SS but the title said it was a Chevrolet Wagon. I told the guy at the DMV when I got there, he went out and checked my numbers and had the title changed.

Its a crap shoot no matter what state you are in I guess.

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Dallas county they dont even walk outside to check, If youve got a Tx title and some money and all the right paperwork signed your good. The insurance agent however might notice the difference, they gave my pops some grief on his 65 years ago for the title description. (Its a convertable with a HT title?)

6. david363

david363
    from Texas

Mine says 2-Door

7. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

8. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I got my car from a guy in Ohio it says

body type- 2d
    model-FLE
    model description- FLEETLINE

Hope this helps you out

9. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

In Oregon the title just says Chevrolet whether it is a Corvette, a Camaro, or an old taxi cab.