Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Flathead V8 Runner Mercury EAC Ford 1952 1953

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by JF, Jan 6, 2015.

1. JF

JF
    from Utah

City: SLC

State: Utah
    Price: 1800 obo
    SOLD, Thanks

1952 or 1953 Ford or Merc Engine. (will fit 1948 to 1953) I pulled this engine from a 1950 Ford Truck. the prior owner didn't know how long the engine had been installed in the truck as he purchased two trucks as parts to the one he was building and didn't need this one.

I removed the fuel pump and the valley looked very clean with no sludge buildup. the oil looked pretty clean when I drained the old oil and there was no noticeable buildup or sludge in the pan either.

I started to clean this up intent on putting in my 51 F-1 but I never finished adding all the other parts needed. ie points rotor cap , plugs wires, etc etc.
    I checked all the valves with the plugs out and none of them were stuck and looked good from what I could see. (no carbon buildup etc.)

The Starter was also bad so I replaced the starter with a greasy one I had stuffed under the bench.

Oil pressure right around 40 psi
    Compression as follows
    Cylinder
    #1 121
    #2 131
    #3 120
    #4 123
    #5 116
    #6 119
    #7 117
    #8 116
    Average of 120

Vacuum reading was right around 17 to 18 at idle (My elevation above Sea Level is 4700 feet)
    blip of throttle would drop to 4 to 5 range.

the Generator was making a horrible noise after revving engine up, bearing or something is going out. and the choke lever on the carb wasn't holding the choke plate open so I had to hold that open.
    and the fuel pump started to leak from the diaphragm.

Link to Video's
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8oxgiamxumyqe3c/20150105_183533.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4ylvxnu36erbik/20150105_183027.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nibo47jpuzuh49n/20150105_183139.mp4?dl=0

Add new plugs wires, fuel pump, other accessories etc and your good to go.
    the water pumps didn't leak any water that I noticed, the lower drivers side hose clamp broke when I tightened it up so I was leaking some water out of the bottom of that hose.

the heads Say "EAC" "Mercury" but the engine has the ford intake manifold and the truck oil pan with large cleanout. the half bellhousing is stamped steel.

I can ship this truck freight Via Fastenal for the best rates. Usually you would pick up the engine at your closest local Fastenal store, (they can load it in your truck or trailer with forklift ) or sometimes they can deliver to business with dock or forklift (depending on location)
    West Coast Shipping $150 200 range (depending on location
    East coast probably $300-350 Range maybe less?

or alternately I can ship this truck freight from business to business or business to dock?

Thanks for looking

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015