Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flathead"sandwich heads" i.d

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28rp, Sep 7, 2017.

1. 28rp

28rp

This one is for the flathead gurus...
    I bought these heads at a swap meet here in Tasmania from a well known rodder who had owned them for many years without being able to i.d them or find any history on them.I have been told that they may be Kiwi Hogan Heads-don ,t think so to a pair of Kong , s-pretty sure they didn't come out of Kong , s work shop . I have also been told they are probably racing boat units-if so they don , t look like they have ever been used in salt water.
    Over to the experts......

Attached Files:

2. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Kleinig popped into my head but maybe not
    Edit also "John English Speed Equipment" made some I think, Waggott was another but theirs had their name cast in
    (John English's '32 can be seen here and you can see the heads http://aushotrodhistory.com.au/john-englishs-1932-ford-roadster/ dont look to be 2 piece though )

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Very interesting. Hope someone can shed some light on these.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  4. Shedrat29

Shedrat29

I know Neil Stuart here in ChCh NZ, cast 2 piece heads back in the day. I heard the patterns went to a collector up in the North Island.

5. 28rp

28rp

Here is another shot of them laid together to indicate how they are assembled-wonder what I could use to seal them up?

Attached Files:

6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

With the popularity & new technology of diesel and little tiny foreign engines, a reputable local machine shop can help you seal them with the right stuff.

7. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Might want to post this on the FordBarn, too.

8. 28rp

28rp

I thought some one might have recognised the large capital "J" molded into the water necks.It was suggested to me that they may be one offs cast in some bodies backyard foundry using plaster of paris molds.Is this feasible-they look like who ever made them knew what they were doing....

9. 28rp

28rp

Its been a while since I posted these-thought I might bring them back to the top to see if I can get any fresh input or answers........

Thanks guys