Register now to get rid of these ads!

flathead plymouth---head part number???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plymouth1951, Nov 7, 2011.

1. plymouth1951

plymouth1951

Hi,

Stock cylinder head questions:

1. Can anybody tell me what the part numbers are for the higher compression late 1950s Plymouth cylinder heads?????? Speciically, 57, 58 and 59??? There is conflicting info on this every where. I believe I have one of these heads but I have no way to look up part numbers. Thx.

2. Can someone definitely conclude which year(s) Plymouth used the 8:1 compression ratio stock head. some say 57, some say 58 and some say only 59 used the high compression head. How can I tell if I have the high compression head. I have a 57, 58, or 59 I am told. But I wanna know for sure which yr and whether its highest compression avail or not so we need some guru input. Or pics to show the improved combustion chamber next to the predecessor combustion chamber.

3. I know the flathead 230 was used long after 1959 in nonautomotive applications. I am wondering if all post 1959 heads have the high compression ratio of 8:1 or higher? Or is this logic flawed.

Bottom line. I want to use the best available head from the factory to have the highest compression possible. Then I want to zero deck and finally flycut the head to increase compression ratio. I understand that if all this is done the comprssion ratio will still be less than like 9:1. Can anyone help with info above so I can figure out whether to proceed with the cylinder head I have(year???) Or if I need to locate a newer one to a achieve my goal.

Thx for any info., Mike

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i have one ill check for ya tomorrow. I built a pretty hopped up 230. It was raunchy. Next one i do is gonna be turbo'd.