Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead PCV Question #2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead4d, May 9, 2008.

1. flathead4d

flathead4d

Is there any reason why you couldn't connect a PCV valve to the fuel Pump stand on an 8-BA instead of where the road draft tube goes? The fuel pump stand is blocked off and not being used as I have an electric pump. I would then just block the road draft tube at the bottom and leave it in place. Why do it this way you ask? Because the road draft tube is chrome and too pretty to do away with just like my non functional oil filter cannister.

2. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Yeah, you can do that.

3. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

That is where my PCV is. I have the fuel pump stand in place and have the PCV tapped near the top. There is oil vapor if you go lower on the stand. i removed the road draft tube, but it can stay. Either the oil fill tube, or the road draft tube will now be the air inlet. This should be somehow slightly filtered just to prevent dirt from entering in the lifter valley now that it is under vaccuum. Make sure your carb is adjusted for vaccuum change. keep the PCV small

4. flathead4d

flathead4d

Thanks Flat Ernie and Aquaroscoe for your replys. That sure make plumbing it much easier.