Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flathead or Hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cabriolethiboy, Apr 29, 2017.

?

Hemi or Flathead

Poll closed May 6, 2017.
  1. Hemi

65.9%
  2. Flathead

34.1%
  1. Deuces

Deuces

:D< HEMI on the brain....;)

2. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear you are doing better. Keep enjoying every minute of the time with your grandson. Best of everything to you, Steve.

zzford likes this.
  3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'm sure it was said somewhere, but you cannot lose with either engine. The Hemi will make more power, but they're both an expensive, difficult pain in the butt to build. That's what we do! My simple, basic 392 is below.

This post made my day!

Attached Files:

4. Hemihead_NHRA

Hemihead_NHRA

Kind of a similar case right here- im young- still in high school with an extremely low budget; so im not concerned with building a period correct hot rod- i bought a 1950 dodge sedan last year which was a fairly good investment with 3200$ running and drivable. But when i was younger i always wanted a hemi- didnt care what cubic inch or in what car i just wante- *NEEDED a hemi. So i had my car all i needed was the hemi. So i found an old ‘55 291 desoto on ebay and bought it for 950. Im still currently building it but i dont really care about period correctness- but just having a badass car pull into any show i go to.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

pprather likes this.
  5. Deuces

Deuces

The HEMI has balls.....
    Enough said.. :cool:

6. zzford

zzford

Use the hemi, but bolt the heads from the flattie on the hemi's valve covers. "Fool your friends!"

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Hemihead_NHRA

Hemihead_NHRA

You’d only be able to do 88 mph though and thats slower than both the hemi or flathead. Lol

anthony myrick likes this.
  8. Hemihead_NHRA

Hemihead_NHRA

It’d make a pretty cool street race if you think about it, think a 32 or 29 ford a or t sitting at a light with a flathead mil and a (i have a 1950 dodge coronet 4dr weighs like 32-3600lbs) pulls up with a 291 desoto thats bored 30 over with an good cam, carb, and radiator pulls up, who would win? That’d be badass but i would think most model a guys wouldn’t want to race their pristine ride but hey thats what they would have done back in the day right?

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is hard to have an unbiased opinion on this issue unless you have truly experienced both sides of the conundrum. I love my blown flathead but to be fair I did go out and buy a 330 Desoto hemi that will be the heart of a new build coming soon. Then I can render a fair ruling on this flathead vs hemi dilemma.

10. goldmountain

goldmountain

Would love to have the dilemma of choosing but peasants like me can only afford basic and.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. When the flies get unzipped and the ruler comes out the hemi is always bigger.