Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead offset generator bracket help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ralphie9n, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ralphie9n

ralphie9n
    from new jersey

I need some help. I just bought a super dual offy intake for my 8ba off a fellow hamber and also picked up an offset generator bracket awhile back. The bracket is a drivers side. My question is what do you do with the oil fill tube? The generator is going to be right on top of it. I think there is enough clearance for the road draft tube. My gut tells me that a passenger side offset bracket would have been a better purchase but I picked up the drivers side bracket for a great price and really would like to use it. My intake didnt get to me yet and maybe when I have it in front of me I will figure it out but just wondering what others have done with their oil fill tube. If anyone has pictures to post that would be great.

2. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

It's been maybe 70 years so take this from an old man wih a very foggy memory but it seems we used to use the older fuel pump stand with the oil filler in the top when there was filler tube issues with multiple carbs. Had to use the older pump push rod also IIRC. Don't buy anything till you check this out with others.