Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead guys..lets see your....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirthawker1313, Jul 29, 2006.

1. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

2x2 intakes. im debating on wich i should run. im not sure if i want to run the original generator or swap to a alternator. id like to see some pics of both and hear the pros and cons of each. can you help me out here. this is gonna be for my 8BA im buildin.

2. warbozz

warbozz

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It seems like most of the 2x2's I've bought have been ones without generator mounts. The Edelbrock Super Dual on the top also used to be made in a version with the generator mount stud on the front. One advantage of not having the mount up front is the variety of bracket styles available so you can pick which side of the engine to run it off of. And I do like generators, even if it's more for looks than performance.

3. Muttley

Muttley

Hexagon Tool W/dual '94's:

[​IMG]

I found this pic on E-bay a while back.....it's the same setup I have:

[​IMG]

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

My Frieman 2x2. Pre-war I believe. Has gen mount but needs offset bracket to mount gen.

5. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

I like the tall one's, the thickstun pm-7 is being repoped... here is a pic of an original one.
    [​IMG]

6. gashog

gashog

I have heard that the "super" duals (carburetors further apart requiring a relocated generator mount) provide better fuel distribution to the end cylinders.
    I picked up this little beauty in the junkyard :)

[​IMG]

7. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

Here is a picture of my dads motor. Thickstun PM.7 with two 97s
    [​IMG]

8. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

It is of course a matter of preference as to looks-performance but I would be looking for a good buy somewhere and go with what I get, unless you are building a performance engine with matching heads. I like the Offy super dual, early version w/97's and an alternator. In my opinion the generators are more for restorations and stock drivers and I like to have options that an alternator can provide for and of course switch to 12V. 94's look cool too, no problem there and they are a lot easier on the billfold than strombergs. You can buy offset mounts for the alternator/generator or build your own just as easy and cheaper if you are kind of creative.

31acoupe

9. Heres mine.....

Attached Files:

10. GOSFAST

GOSFAST

A couple of units done a while ago for a couple of the street-rod guys. This was shot at the local car show. Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. The customer originally involved in the build was responsible the "blown" F.H. program at the time.

[​IMG]

11. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I polished this one and I've been running it on my '47 for the last year and a half.

Attached Files:

12. 40Vert

40Vert

Expensive, but Powermaster is making a generator housing with alternator guts, of course you could do that conversion yourself, I used a Kubota tractor alt in my generator.

13. madmax

madmax
    from Calif.

You can run a new Power Gen Alternator that looks like a generator. They are a great product and come in black and polished.

14. Flatman

Flatman

Here's my Fenton.
    resized.JPG

Flatman

15. Gemini EFI

Gemini EFI

Our 2x2 EFI
    Gemini EFI

Attached Files:

16. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313