Register now to get rid of these ads!

flathead fuel pump HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirthawker1313, Apr 6, 2007.

1. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

hey guys im running a mechanical fuel pump on my 51 8ba flattie. it has gone out and im lookin for the napa part number for the 6 volt electric fuel pump. any body have that number. i need to get this going in the morning so i can get my car to viva las vegas !! thanks

2. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Unless it's absolutely necessary, why not replace the mechanical one with a new one ? (available from NAPA):) :D

3. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

ill check with napa and see if they have one but for some reason ive been through 4 pumps in 1 1/2 to 2 years and im tired of it. do you happen to have the part number for napas pump?

4. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

i found the part number on there web sight som ill see if i can get it locally. also my number 7 cyl spark plug was black. maybe i fouled it i changed it out and ill take it for a test run.

5. MBL

MBL

I know speedway and others sell a 6 volt Stewart Warner pump for like 70 or so bucks...but I'd be inclined to stay with the stock pump provided that your car ran fine with the stock pump before.
    Tim
    MBL

6. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

it was the number 7 spark plug that was fouled. when i pulled it it was black solid black. the rest were a nice shade of light coffee tan. i replaced them all and now she is running great. maybe now i can sleep. thanks for all the advice. you guys rock ! VIVA LAS VEGAS here i come !! its only across town but still.