Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Ford intakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 13, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Which of the 2 x 2 intakes will allow you to run the stock generator in the standard position, rather that using an offset mount? I'm referring to the old originals (Edmunds, Offy, Weiand, Fenton, etc) not the re-pops. My engine is an 8BA...Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. Any that have the carbs offset to the rear of the manifold, rather then centered over the intake ports. Not quite as efficient, but they work just fine for a street driven car.

3. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most/all of the "close coupled" regular dual intakes, with the carbs placed close together, will allow the stock generator location. However, all of the "super" or wide-based racing duals will not. Early '32-'48 regular duals have the carbs placed more towards the rear, except for the "high rise" models, for generator clearance, because these engines are "shorter" , while the later 8BA's are "longer" because of the extended water pumps, and most their dual intakes place the carbs close and centered more evenly over the intake ports.
    Bob

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. High Rise manifolds such as thickstun and tattersfield will allow you to run the gen also. Or find an offset bracket. I am hocking one in the parts for sale section.

5. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Offy sells duals in both configurations. The Regular dual will accommodate the generator in the stock position and the Super dual requires a side mount....
    I think Edelbrock sells them both also.....