Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead and ardun lover from brasil!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 27 ARDUN, Feb 27, 2009.

1. 27 ARDUN

27 ARDUN
    from BRAZIL

Hi all

my name is rafael owner of totty´s garage in brazil. Kustom lover, car buyilder and of corse, flathead engines forever!

Few years ago, i found 2 ardun engines on a barn; one used and other brand new. That one new was assembled by my father in midle 50´s but never used, just started on a dyno. It was assembled over a 8-ba crate engine his customer bought.

More than 45 years passed, i found them over 200 miles from here and i bought them, even without money.

So, i was forced to sell one (the brand new one) and kept the used to me. For a long 5 years, i´m spending as i can to finish this dream. Special pistons, lifters, cam, valves, gasket and more 4 blocks were bought to assmble it. The last engine i bought was a std ´50 merc, in might condition, very good block and crank. So i´ve started to assemble everything and now i just have to finish the intake manifold. I hope to hear it roar in a month and ride my ´27 t roadster with it!

Check my album to view the picks of both.

The other engine still in my city, was sold to a guy who´s owns a racing team, but still in the same. Nothing was done!

2. Welcome to the HAMB ! Keep us informed on the progress. Michael

3. 396skip

396skip
    from MN

Neat story....wish I had 1...........

4. duesenberg1932

duesenberg1932
    from PA

thats kick ass... i would like to find a couple of arduns in a barn

5. old4dlvr

old4dlvr

Welcome from one Ardun owner to another. Neat story.

6. Neat story. There can't be many more than a handful of Ardun engines in Brazil. What are the numbers stamped on your heads? (see this thread)

7. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Welcome on board! You came to the right place for the flathead crowd. Keep us up to date on your work.

8. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Welcome. I assume you bought the Arduns at a reasonable price. Please explain how you were forced to sell one.
    If I had one I would keep it until I was dead, then have it buried with me.

9. Stovebolt29

Stovebolt29

Great story! I saw your photo albuns. Congratulations for the roadster, for the engine and for you and your father.
    Regards.

Translation to portuguese:
    Bonita história! Eu vi seus álbuns de foto. Parabéns pelo roadster, pelo motor, para você e seu pai.
    Abraço.