Register now to get rid of these ads!

FlatCad Racing's Quest for 200 MPH-a Cadillac Flathead Story!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Aug 22, 2012.

1. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

LOL No I think we missed something ----

2. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Don's right-we simply overlooked it!

Thanks for the support, guys! Med-XL shirts are $18.99, XXL and 3XL are $20.99, and shipping is $3.99. They will be for sale at www.flatcadracing.org, and www.flatcaddy.com , soon. In the mean time, you can Paypal [email protected]. please allow 2-3 weeks shipping, because I spend 2 weeks out of every month in Pennsylvania, and may not be home to ship.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  3. joemac05

joemac05

Do you ship to Canada?

4. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Do you ship to Niles? XL and a XXL

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Hi Joe,

Yep, we sent the other design all over the world. $7.99 to anywhere outside of the U.S.A.

Thanks for asking!

Niles??!! Is that in the U.S.A.? LOL! I'll bring a couple with me, Tony!

6. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Niles??!! Is that in the U.S.A.? LOL! I'll bring a couple with me, Tony![/QUOTE]

It is..... But you can't get there from here.

7. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

I Finally have the motor back from Kenny Boyd today, He did a great job for us . I setup an area in the shop to start fitting the test lifter blocks and lifters.
    [​IMG]
    here is some pic's of the partial block fill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I was fitting the lifter blocks I did not have any 7/16" bolts so I grabbed some head studs and used them to hold the blocks in position as the blocks are reemed to 7/16" so we have a tight fit and less chance of walking and I noticed something that would make the full set up easier, we were going to make a cross support plate to tie the 2 lifter blocks together for more strength,, but now we are just going to use some modified head bolts.. I will put a set of head studs in the lathe and thread them far enough down to seat the studs in the block set the lifter block over the studs and run a nut and washer down and tighten them in position ,, then I will make a steel lifter valley cover with holes in them to accept the studs put a spacer over the studs slip the valley cover on then another nut and washer,, this will hold it all together and strengthen the to end a little.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok now I will get back to work -- will post more picks later

8. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Looking good, Don!!!

When did we decide to run the bolts through steel lifter valley covers? I don't remember that conversation. LOL!;)

Keep up the great work!

9. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

If You only knew what Dale and I keep from you --- :eek: LOL

10. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Ok I just finished up fitting the 2nd lifter block and I started the set up cam blank

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the long diam. is the base circle of the new cam and below is the max lift
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here is is on the cam I will just roll it in to place -- of coarse there will be no valve springs in yet
    [​IMG]

and here is a Cam's eye view
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Don does amazing work, doesn't he?:cool:

More pics from Don....

Attached Files:

12. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

After a little 'adjustment', the lifters work fine a .510" max lift!

Don is the man!

Attached Files:

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

14. You guys leave no stone unturned........

15. best 48 min of my day
    thanks
    tk

16. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John K has been working his magic again! Here is the latest from John:

I worked through the weekend getting the fiberglass piece repaired and adding patch panels so that I could start shaping the front fenders. The picture shows the approximate shape but the the pieces are at least 18 inches to wide. They will also be cut so that the front will angle in a V shape that will divert the air around the sides of the car. You can at least see the approximate shape. Now I will begin trimming the fenders to fit. This part will be time consuming as I will be fitting a lot of flat shapes to a curved car.

We need to visit about the tow bar as I will have to make a removable panel in the front to allow you to use a tow bar.

<!-- end of AOLMsgPart_1_19a03171-e9f1-4b3c-801e-1d5df4cf9103 -->[/FONT]

Attached Files:

17. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

WOW!! So your saying they will be cut off at the green tape line, Very Cool,, Tim Jones

18. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I have spent a lot of the morning measuring to make the first rough cut. I think the cut will be farther out than the tape line. Since the fender will be at angle to the center line of the car it will be diffucult to cut and fit. I am going to sneak up on it with several cuts. It is a lot like fitting a wedge or pie shape up to an egg shape. If the front of the fender was 90 degrees to the center line of the car, it would be much easier.

John

19. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks for the info John , Tim Jones

20. You sir are a glutton for punishment! Looking good.

21. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Fantatic job guys:)! the link to Solidworks are very intresting!
    Lifter/cam job looks really good. Bodywoork looks also intresting:)

Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

22. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

The fuelie roller cam is almost done! Here is the latest from Dema:

Hello! We just got it back from the heat treater and i got it straight and will finish the mains and lobes to size. The lobes should finish @1.360" the lobe centers are 112 the int lobe lift=.5105" and the exh = .506" as soon as the finish grind is done I'll plot the cam and give you the durations at the end of the ramp and at .050" and at .100", .200", .300" That should be t the end of the day today. Dema

23. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Here they are, guys! FlatCad Quest 200 tee shirts, printed on "natural' colored Gidan Ultra 6.0 oz., pre-shrunk 100% cotton Tees!

You may not be able to be on the salt with us, but you can still support our efforts by buying a cool tee shirt!

Med-XL shirts are $18.99, XXL and 3XL are $20.99, and shipping is $3.99. You can Paypal [email protected]. please allow 2-3 weeks shipping, because I spend 2 weeks out of every month in Pennsylvania, and may not be home to ship.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  24. When your back in town, I'll get one!

Thanks for sharing the solidworks link, that was very cool. :cool:

25. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Woo-hoo! The fuelie roller cam is done and ready to ship!

From Dema:

The lobe centers are 112, the durations area as follows. int\exh so at the end of the ramp which is a lot taller than the other cam that you had. this will be easier on the valve springs and give better control at the higher RPMs. Durations are 318\[email protected]" 282\[email protected]" 250\[email protected]' lobe lifts are .5105" int .5056" exh heels are 1.360" on both lobes lash=.018"int .020" exh if at split centers of 112 the lift at lap+\-= .134" int .140" exh Int lift at 75 ATDC=.445" exh open at BDC=.345" and .440"at 75 degrees.

26. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Guys, I've never been soooo excited! I've been working quietly with Rob for the last few months, to get the FlatCad in his car!

We've got the engine mounting situation figured out, and we're going to do it! Look for us at SpeedWeek!

This build thread is pretty much finished, as new updates will be on Rob's liner thread! http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,8665.0.html

Computer diagnoses shows speeds near 400 MPH, with 650 hp!!

Anyone interested in LSR, or that needs a great foundation for a hotrod, the car itself is for sale. http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,12561.0.html

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  27. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Happy April Fool's!

Thanks for playing, everyone!

John K. just sent me this update-I can't wait to get out there next week, and get my hands dirty!

Randy and I adjusted the wheel alignment yesterday.

I am still trimming but I about have it. The wheel well will be slightly bigger. I am sneaking up on it. The black along the bottom is the approximate ground clearance. Once I finish this fender, I will make a paper pattern off of it and cut the other fender. It should go much faster.

Randy and I plan to work on the spoiler next weekend.

Attached Files:

28. LOL

You didn't let that play out at all.

The fenders look sexy!

29. 200 here we come!!
    [​IMG]

30. Buddy, you didn't get me this year - unlike last year!