I've been working on the motor quite a bit, too. The original engine was long gone when I got the truck, so I decided to use a 350 that I had set aside for another project. It's an '89 350 that I got for free a number of years ago. It was only a short block, and the engine had spun a rod bearing. It was a low-mile engine (80K) that was replaced by another GM factory short block. I got a new crank and freshened up the bottom end. The heads are Vortecs that I cut down the guides for added cam lift, opened the spring pockets for bigger springs, and did a bunch of port work in the bowl area. I left the runners alone to keep the velocity up. Brad re-assembled them for me, installing the new valve seals, springs, and retainers. The lifters are new, as is the roller rockers (1.5 ratio). The compression ratio wound up being right 9.65-1. The block is a factory hydraulic roller, and with the depletion of zinc in today's oil, I wanted to keep it as a roller motor. The cam is a GM Performance ZZ383 cam (part#846) that I got from a guy on Craigslist. It was brand-new, never ran, for $100. The specs are: 220/228 @ .050, .509/.528 lift on a 112 lobe center. I should have decent vacuum with a 112 lobe center, good torque with the lift numbers it has, and a slight lope with the duration it has. I think it'll work very well. The intake is an Air-Gap, the distributor is an HEI with all the MSD internals, and the carb is a 750 vacuum secondary. I wanted simplicity because I plan to drive this truck all the time. I wanted to have it where if something breaks, I can go to the local parts place in any town and get a replacement part. One of the areas that I spent some extra time on this was the serpentine set-up. I bought a complete system from a guy on Craigslist for $80. It was off of a 1990 Chevy truck, and it needed to be freshened up. I cut off the mount for the smog pump, and had Brad run them through his buddy's ceramic tumbler. They turned out great. I changed all of the bearings for the idler wheels, got a brand new A/C compressor (Craigslist....$80!), a rebuilt alternator and a new P/S pump. I'm now good to go: Here's a view from the top. The valve covers still need to be polished, and the areas between the fins will be painted Chevy Orange. Still haven't decided on an air cleaner yet. I am going to try the adapters that allow you to use the old style valve covers on the Vortec (they use center-bolt covers) heads. I have heard nothing but bad about them, but I am going to figure them out. I've got a an idea on how to make them work. The intake is just sitting on the engine right now. The valves still need to be adjusted.