Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flat-N-Low's '55 Chevy Truck Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat-N-Low, Dec 12, 2010.

1. hasty

hasty

One nice truck and some amazing fabrication skills.

2. Hey Alex...looking good man...great fabrication!;)

Subscribed for certain...:D

3. I got up extra early yesterday and got the rear wheels and tires mounted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It turned even better than I imagined. Now it's time to buckle down and save up and get the fronts!

4. Cshabang

Cshabang

now youre just showing off..haha

5. gardenjeg

gardenjeg
    from nc

Nice stance what style tubs are you using in the bed side? Looks good keep us posted.

6. I haven't decided on tubs yet. Due to the air ride suspension, the bed floor will be raised substantially, and once I get to that part of the fabrication, I can figure out the size I'll need.

7. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

hell yeah, keep up the good work!

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good choice on wheels looks bitchin,I spaced the pic of big block. nice truck

9. Goodlife

Goodlife

Just an observation. Ever notice that guys who have the gift and talent to produce welds and fabrication like pictured here, generally have shops or work environments that are just as well organized and orderly? I'm always amazed at this type of ability.

10. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

The guy who did the welding/fab in the back has a shop the size of a 3 car garage and Alex has a work area the size of a coffee table! Pretty amazing so far! I'm really jealous of his wheels, I went the cheap, they sort of look like ET3's but Alex stepped up on did the real deal... Awesome!

11. scummy13

scummy13

12. 63CadiMan

63CadiMan

Subscribed as well.. Great looking Truck!! and rear suspension is sic!! Im also for the HI Des.. will definatly be following this build.. Great Job!

13. Cruised your album and now the build thread, awesome! It's almost a shame to cover that fab work with a bed floor! The metal work on the front end really looks good, another vote here for the Nomad bumper.

14. Rude Dude

Rude Dude

I have been following your build on the truck site and this one! I really enjoy the build. Guess it is time to subscribe keep up the good work !

15. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

fantastic fab work!...nice

16. rocn7roc

rocn7roc
    from N.E.Iowa

Great job on your truck, taking your time and doing it right, I hate the stock 57 truck grill as I have been contemplating using the the 57 grill bar also as I have a 57 Bel aire 2 dr hdtp. Looks like the fit is good and I would back it up with some gold or chrome grill mesh to hide the radiator etc. great job again and i will be looking for more post. Hopefully I can get some pice posted here too!

17. 57 3100

57 3100

yea, any updates on your 57 ? the stance is perfect.... i want to see more of it...
    leonard

18. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

LOOKS BITCHIN !! love how low it is and the choice of wheels:D!!!

19. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Wow,
    that truck looks mean!
    TP

20. Sorry fellas, no worthwhile updates. I've been working on my '64 truck and also helping a buddy get his '49 Chevy truck back together. Once that's done, it'll be game-on because I'm really getting the itch to do some stuff on the '55.

Still collecting the last few parts for the engine, and getting pretty close to getting the top-end put back together. I'm still saving up my money for the front wheels. I can't wait until I get those bad boys because it'll give a truck a whole new attitude.

Unfortunately, I have way too many irons in the fire between work and my home projects, but I'm slowly catching up!

21. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

How about an update.

jp

22. NeedAClassicTruck

NeedAClassicTruck
    from Arizona

Hey man you looking to sell the 55?

23. jeffrob

jeffrob

Flat-N-Low

any progress here? Don't get me wrong, I love the C10 but this 55 has me coming back to stare at the pics........