Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Flat FED build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roseville carl, Jan 14, 2010.

1. coupemerc

coupemerc

That video just made my whole day. Thanks

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Glenn, thanks for the vid. Carl, that's not the way to remove weight from your block. :D

3. Too funny! thanks for sharing!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GDtBGoTiQ90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Lippy I have to remove as much weight as possible, I'm not getting any skinnier and I want to be able to at least give Tim a run for his money and not always see the back side of Elwood so early.......

Tim, yea the old bar was fun trying to figure out again, been a long time......

5. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Look like a killer flathead Carl:)
    I have allways been curiose how a flathead look like bored all out.
    Are you going for 3 7/16 bore?

Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

6. Kjell, Na just 3 3/8 but had two cyls that were cracked and needed to get them back to 3 3/8.......... trying to save an old block for a few more runs in it.................

Car shop owner, yea have seen that one before, reminds me of the old air compressors made out of flatties where they took one bank and used it for the compressor side, making a 4 cyl engine and 4 cyl compressor worked good.......

7. Funny you should bring that up, we have one here on the floor of the shop that someone gave us.;)

8. Ah! the digital age. Just thought about it, walked out took a couple of pix and here it is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Ouch save it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    or let me know what you want for it....................

10. Humm they are toooo long
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now to make attachment tool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then its off to the cooler for U

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Carl, I'm digging this......

12. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

pics not working says pic site is down

13. Yep I changed providers and lost it all will have to re do it later.......

14. spent the better part of two days getting all the pics back in some semblance of order after changing providers man what a mess, enough already............

15. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

thanks for the effort carl, i love your thread.

16. Diavolo

Diavolo

Mmm, popsicles and Totino's Party Pizza...

17. Yeah! Popsicle sounds good right now.

18. I believe I'll have one of them mint ice cream sammiches. None of that sugar free stuff for me.

19. Well lets see, back from Bonneville had a great time now its back to the drawing board:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now to fill the block, trim the sleeves, re bore them to size and try to get this puppy together........

20. I have been after one of those up here for a while but the guy still thinks he is going to use it some day!

I didn't know you were doing all that machine work carl! I was hanging out with some talented folk!:)

21. we don't talk much Tim...............

22. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

Just found this thread and read it start to finish. Probably seeing you head to head with Elwood was the ultimate highlight! Wish I could've been there! Keep rocking!

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Suprised you didn't come home with a Belly Tank! :D

24. Couldn't get it in the bed of truck with our gear in there.........
    but did see a few at Eagle behind the shed huummmmmm.......

25. got the sleeves trimmed down got the bearings ordered and the block filler ordered so maybe start to assemble this thing in a few weeks I hope...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Keep cranking along Carl! That block looks to have had some good porting done to it . . . is this the one you're putting the blower on? Wish I had more time to hang out with your at Bonneville, but you saw how we were thrashing along - was quite the adventure to say the least!

Dale

27. Yea Dale that's why I wanted to sleeve and save this block big valves and ported nicely saved me a bunch of time. Yea I'm also sorry we didn't get much time to yak but you guys were busy and Tim and I were busy, oh well maybe next time. Congrats on your efforts at Bonney we were really happy for you guys. Still would have liked to use the ICT to tow you guys out at least one time but maybe next year, but we had a blast towing Tim out.................

28. Well some days you just gotta let other people help ya or do things you can't do............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the Bumps and Bruises crew moves on...................
    Thats Kellie the KandyStriper who did the artwork for me, great job! www.kandystriper.com

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  29. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Wow! That's looking good!

30. Thanks Buddy,
    Oh the artwork was designed by Lance Hampton at Bonneville this year as we were pitting for Tim and I asked Lance to draw something up for me and I think he hit it on the head, er nailed it ect, and Kellie did a great job reproducing it...........