Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Flashback50 front end redesign and implementation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bertolasi, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

Paul. The mystery is that there are no joints, it is one continuous piece of wire from voltage reducer panel to instrument cluster. Came off a spool of 16 gauge automotive wire (50 volt rated fuel resistant etc.) and only thing different than other places that same wire is used is the antifreeze leak last year was in the vacinity. Even a mystery there, the wire is coming out of a loom above the panel and hanging down to go into the lowest terminal of the panel so if it was antifreeze it would have had to wick it's way 3 inches or so UP the wire to do that damage. Here is a picture of the panel with the rotted wire sticking out.
    wire rotted out.jpg
    Here is a picture during installation and before shakedown showing the heater and AC connections above panel. The dripping on the carpet that led me to the problem did bleach out some of the carpet color (had to restore) but even more mysterious, that spot was to the left of the end of the perf cage around the circuitry.
    panel before checkout.jpg
    And finally here is a shot of the car show that we missed out on (wife and I drove over there in suv later in the afternoon when I knew I had the problem fixed) with lots of the cars already gone. Looks like it would have been good fun.
    Belvidere Heritage days.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Hmmmm. ..must be demons. ..

Kroombit likes this.
  3. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

Stopped over to see what new projects the Kings were working on today and decided to take a picture of a roof they were repairing for another restorer and noticed an old 'rust bucket' on the left.
    IMG_20191019_085742217.jpg
    Got a better picture of that one - a rather rare 39 Chevrolet wagon.
    IMG_20191019_085504156.jpg
    Will be interesting to see them bring that one back to life.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

Guess the years are catching up with me. The Hushpower II mufflers are sounding louder and louder as the seasons move on. I have been listening to all the sound prints I can find for other mufflers but the field is spotty to say the least and most 'performance' gu ys indicate that their mufflers sound different on each engine and sometimes also with different exhaust configurations. Do any of you have experience with Borla ProXS series? The Borla rep acknowledged that they do not have a published sound print for those on any engines, but indicated that they are very similar to their touring series sound. Seems like the Corvette guys and the Mustang guys are split between the ProXS being 'too quiet' and just right. I would like to get rid of the head pounding drone of the Hushpower's in the 40 to 50 mph range and so far it would seem that the Borla's are a reasonable move, I only wish there were some more certain way to anticipate the results. Appreciate any input that any of you care to make. Bob front under to back.jpg