Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fixing a big mess...the anniversary 32 sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clark, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Clark

Clark

It came from the midwest....I think kansas

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. brady1929

brady1929

I think it's about misrepresenting something to make money.

loudbang, Clark and 6inarow like this.
  3. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

When I was a teenager I worked in a bodyshop as a gopher. One of the bodymen was introduced to me as "RG". He had a REALLY nice old Rolls he restored, but the story was he let his girlfriend borrow it and she piled it. It sat in the corner gathering dust with a rather large part of the cowl missing. Not just dented, but missing.
    Anyhow, I answered the phone one day and a girl asked for "Bill". I told her nobody named Bill worker there, so she goes on to describe "RG". After the call, I start asking around to find out why Bill is known as RG. Well, RG stood for "Rubber Gloves" (an oddity for someone to wear them in the 70's). The reason he wore rubber gloves? Because of the amount of Bondo he laid down. Upon further inspection, that Rolls was a rolling masterpiece....... a true sculpture in Bondo.
    You appear to have been RG'ed.

4. 6inarow

6inarow

It sure appears that way and the world is full of that crap

5. Is that where the work was done?
    Was the seller responsible for that work?
    Or did the seller re-sell his bad purchase?

Clark likes this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

Name the car Pandora. Made of mud, and when opened up released a world of evils.

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I just can't believe that anyone with any self respect at all would do what was done to the body on that deuce.
    Clark you should be commended for helping this guy outta the hole he got himself in by buying this bondo bucket, and I've gotta subscribe to watch your work on this car.

chryslerfan55 and Clark like this.
  8. adam401

adam401

Maybe its cause I'm from New England where everything is rotted to death but I'd love to start with that body. Look how solid the bottom of it is seriously. The work on the roof sucks but seems that's being dealt with quite capably so its gonna be a nice car in the end. Hopefully the purchase price matched the quality of the roof.

9. gonzo

gonzo

Deuce sedans are the best, definitely worth the work!

patmanta and Clark like this.
  10. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Maybe it's because of my lunch, but this poor car will be forever known in my mind as "The Lasagna Deuce".

Cool project, I'm looking forward to seeing it saved!

11. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

So, I read the title, and thought, ' Mm, another car with nasty wheels, sitting too high and horrible lights makeover', opened the thread and said out light 'My God!' That was really bad, shame on the folks that sold it to your buddy. I was wondering how you were gonna fix 'that', and another roof is definitely the way to go. Nice job, you're very brave and obviously skilled.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

It did have a Mad Max look to it. Bob

[​IMG]

13. You guys all amaze me. Clark did not buy this but his friend did, next have any of you seen the car that Clark started with to build his GREAT looking 34 roadster? If anyone can fix this Disney (cars comes to mind) piece Clark can.

14. Found this [​IMG]
    Found this pic of Clarks roadster. Some one else can find the start of it, I'm try to get mine on the road

15. I'd be thinkin maybe 32 phaeton 2 door.

Atwater Mike and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Clark

Clark

That's what the leftovers are for. I think I have enough pieces to fix the sedan

17. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Certainly would be cheaper to buy a better body than fix that one. Hours add up when tackling that project.

BHRS likes this.
  18. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Once you get this Tudor whipped back into shape keep on trucking and put the leftovers together. That will be even more fun to watch!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

What's your take on the north east cars being so bad? , acid rain , acidic soil, fog ect? I've seen some cars from there and they do seem twice as rusty as the stuff I remember from Minnesota

20. adam401

adam401

Salty roads and salty ocean air.

21. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just when you think you have seen it all, I think it would have taken longer for the drunken bum to cut and tack all the lasagne on than to do a correct fix.

22. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

GLOBAL WARMING! :cool:

23. That is a good idea, I was looking thru 70s era Street Rodder last night and there was a Tudor cut down into a Phaeton, it ran a Duvall screen it looked awesome.

24. No kidding, and you're absolutely right.
    But there is a few Big Buts involved to do that.
    I've been in the situation so I know how Clarks friend feels and I've been in Clark's position so I know how that feels.

It goes Something like this:
    Scrape up some dough and spend good money on a deceivingly nice body. But You find out you got the shaft and now have no money to get out. The idea of buying a better body at this point is still very sound but is impossible now at this time. There are Exactly 3 choices to make, 1 push it in the corner and let it rot, 2 sell it to the next unsuspecting sole, 3 work at fixing it. Out of those 3 options a person with integrity will choose the 3rd. A defeated quitter will choose option 1, scum choose option 2.

As the project moves forward, you begin to "FEEL" the money you spent on the nice but not really nice body get cut off and thrown in the dumpster. The hours spent at zero pay, can become very long if you think about it, but those Zero pay hrs bring the project around to a better place, that's what needs to be focused on. Different for everyone and based on their abilities, the zero pay hrs may be more productive to getting the car done OR getting a second job that does pay then go buy a better body.

It sucks & it sucks really bad.

scott27, weps, Just Gary and 11 others like this.
  25. The37Kid

The37Kid

It all depends on were the car or body got stored, I've seen cars rust in damp garages. Bob

26. 6inarow

6inarow

It goes Something like this:
    Scrape up some dough and spend good money on a deceivingly nice body. But You find out you got the shaft and now have no money to get out. The idea of buying a better body at this point is still very sound but is impossible now at this time. There are Exactly 3 choices to make, 1 push it in the corner and let it rot, 2 sell it to the next unsuspecting sole, 3 work at fixing it. Out of those 3 options a person with integrity will choose the 3rd. A defeated quitter will choose option 1,

I disagree with your assessment of those who chose option 1. BOOOO. Half of winning is not losing.

27. If it was yours to decide to push into the corner, the loss has already happened. Right?

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I understand and respect the "no pay" theme. Has to do with comradary...passion...dedication...sacrifice...
    And a bunch of other good words I can't think of right now.

29. Clark

Clark

Hey....somebody has to do it. Might as well be me. Back at it today. Should have an update tonight

!!!RIOT!!!, RDR, bct and 14 others like this.
  30. Double like button

chryslerfan55 and The37Kid like this.