Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Fix Your Ford (c.1963)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Apr 5, 2010.

1. aceuh

aceuh

My brother and I were tucking a spare engine down in our dads old shop building, and I found this book in the attic while climbing the rafters to hang a chain. It's simply titled "Fix Your Ford" V8's and 6's 1963 to 1954 by Bill Toboldt. This book is filled with exploded diagrams, charts and chapters on shortcuts and tricks for your Ford. The book is well worn and stained and handwritten notes are scattered among it's pages and margins.

There was a section on "hopping up the Ford" that I thought you guys might dig. I scanned a few images to share...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last shot came out of another section of the book. It refers to doing a leak/drip test on the oiling system to check bearing clearances. You counted the number of drips per minute. Not enough drips indicates that clearances are to tight...To many drips indicates that the clearances are to great.

[​IMG]

2. Thanks for the post! I'm in my 60's and remember the Toboldt books well from the late '50's and early '60's. They were the "Chiltons" of the time. The covers always had neat drawings on them and the info was usually spot-on. I remember using one in 1961 to rebuild my first engine, an old Chevy stovebolt 6. Knowing what I know today, it's a wonder it ran, but it did!

3. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

I have the 1973-1960 version of that book. I think I got it from my old man. Still had the hop up section, with far fewer pics and a (gag) servicing the Pinto section.

4. chris55

chris55

My dad gave me the same book...:D

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hahaha, what a MESS!:p

6. I have that book somewhere. My dad used to be a hardcore Ford man back in the day. I knew he consulted it for doing work on his '54 Mainline coupe and '59 Ranchwagon.

Bob