Register now to get rid of these ads!

Five Underrated Orphans from the 1930s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 25, 2012.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Judging by what those Studebaker '37-'39 Coupe Expresses can bring now adays, I'm not too sure they are all that underrated. All the rest of the trucks they ever made, much more so. But, the Coupe Expresses are generally held in pretty high regard and their values seem to support that. Given how many they sold, it might be more accurate to say they were underrated at the time, but a lot less so now.

2. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

The Coupe Express is my favorite out of the list, and I also really love the Lasalles.

3. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

I had my blinders on when I was young, it was all Fords at first. But now with a lotta years behind me I see things in a much wider view. First it was the flathead Fords, till a guy with a 37 Chevy with a hot Wayne head GMC was blowing away all comers. Then a buddy got a 41 Stude cpe and I thought it was a really nice solid car, and then he put in a sb Chevy. The last one that I got into my good cars list was the old 50,s bathtub Nash, [I always liked its fold back front seat tho]

4. EdselRich

EdselRich

X2

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

5. my all time favorite forgotten orphan. 1937 packard coupe.

Attached Files:

6. another

Attached Files:

7. a guy i know years ago traded for a 37 dodge coupe street rod. i kept looking at it thinking " why aren't more people building these" i kept looking for something ugly. just wasn't much ugly there.

8. EdselRich

EdselRich

1936 Nash Lafayette is pure sexiness

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

9. expavr- you have my attention!

10. zgears

zgears

11. flamingokid

flamingokid

Likewise

12. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

A little partical because I own one, but how about the 37 Terraplane

Attached Files:

13. johnod

johnod

As a Studebaker owner , I can tell you the coupe express is NOT overlooked in Stude circles. There are just not too many out there, and they don't go cheap.
    The 37 is my fav.

14. 392

1933 Essex terraplane

15. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

the 32 Plymouth PB coupe in my opinion has better lines than the 32 Ford, They look chopped from the factory, they are a little bit bigger car too.

16. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Why are people talking about Dodges in this thread?

Anyway this is Wayne Upchurch's 1940 Nash Lafayette Convertible. He initially bought this ultra rare car as a basket case with intentions of restoring it, but decided to street rod it in spectacular fashion after he was diagnosed with cancer. The car was also featured on My Classic Car in 2003. Unfortunately Wayne lost the fight in 2005 but his wife still has the car.

Wayne's Nash.jpg