Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fitting a late 30's dodge hood to my T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammerndollie, Apr 22, 2007.

1. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Heres a couple shots of my T roadster with its newly fitted hood. I'm not sure on the year or the exact make, but I think its a dodge from the late 30's. I skinnied the thing up quite a bit to fit it to this narrow body, but all in all I think its turning out pretty nicely. Now I'm trying to decide if I should run the hood sides or not. Oh and check out that cluttered shop! Yuck, somebody need to go to meetings!
    Pack Rats Annonomous!

Attached Files:

2. chad

chad

The first one looks like a 38 ply/dodge shell to me....

3. hi mike

thats looking good.

ya got some nice wall art also.

johnny

4. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Yeah thanks Johnny your Old man's bumper car is doubling as my beer cooler... until it gets warm enough to need ice. My poor little shop is pretty much SHOE HORNED full of shit. I had to dismantle my A coupe and hang it up just so I could move! What you son't see is my cafe racer completely disassembled and skattered, about another 10 sets of drivein speakers and a whole slew of trannys and intakes! Anybody see anything they need??? Muh hahaha!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

I'll take pics of the uncut grill so it can be prop ID'ed. The only reason is I'd like to find the correct headlight buckets that mount to this shell. These are late 30's chevy truck lights.

6. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Heres a couple shots of the T with hoodsides. I don't know if I exactly like where they are going. May just make my own. Oh and mocked up the "speedboat" windscreen today. Can anybody I.D. this grill? I'm starting to think buick for one reason or another. This is how big this surround started out! This hood lost 15" out of the center in the back!

Attached Files:

7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That looks really good!! I like it!!

8. kropduster

kropduster

i really dig the windsheild, it seems to work really well with the grill/hood.

9. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Thanks, I'm kinda goin for a 30's speedster look. That and old speedboats

10. That's looking great,very unique,keep us posted.Also,my shop looked like that too,then i got some very good storage/organization ideas on www.garagejournal.com LOL:D :rolleyes: :eek:

11. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

You don't need a support group, you need a bigger garage. :)

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

13. indyjps

indyjps

I like the hood sides, you could run your exhaust out the sides, or just extend them.

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I believe that grille is a 37 Plymouth.

15. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

I really like the "lines" of the hood sides, BUT they really need to be extended to the frame in my opinion. Your doing a great job, the hood flows real well.

16. I liked the grille shell and hood, it works well with your car. Then I saw the windshield mock up and it REALLY makes the whole package come together. Everything looks like it belongs on that car!

Now I must retreat to my own garage to stare and wonder a bit. Thanks for the inspiration!

17. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Yeah, things just got a whole lot worse, as far a space goes. I took my A coupe quarters off the walls yesterday to start assembling. I had about a 5x10 bare spot and thought, "I'll take care of that".

Attached Files:

• 0130.JPG
      0130.JPG
      File size:
      115.9 KB
      Views: