Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fisher/GMC Head

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Can anybody school me on Fisher heads for a GMC 6 I've never heard of them before. I've heard of the Wayne 12 port and the Arias but not this one.
    155767283_4381898891838430_8153730698129181232_o.jpg

kidcampbell71 and 302GMC like this.
  2. Gofannon

Gofannon

302GMC and Speed Gems like this.
  3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fisher is a Horning. Bill Fisher bought him out after Wayne Horning and Harry Warner split up. Harry continued with the Wayne heads.
    The Arias is originally a Howard. Howard Johanson of Howard Cams

Speed Gems likes this.
  4. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

@jimmy six I can recall two of the guys split up because one guy didn't think it was right that the other wanted too sell it as a "package" that the racers and hot rodders had to buy to run his head.

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don’t know.. I’d need to ask Dan Warner, Harry’s son when I see him this summer at El Mirage. There was definitely a difference in style. The Horning had a special cam because of the change in port arrangement. And the Wayne kept it all stock. That made it harder for the head gaskets near the exhaust. Howard canted the intake port 45degrees and used the same injector as the Wayne. The revamped Howard/Arias flows the best of any of them by far.
    The Skinner 12 port used the stock valve arraignment also with way larger ports. I was able to add 2 Allen cap screws in the water jacket to eliminate the hot exhaust problem. Did it thru the casting holes. It was Joe Fontana’s head and could not believe I found something so simple to stop a problem we having running 75% nitro. The magazine write ups on the history are very good and guys continue to run them today. With the help of Don Ferguson much is available or castable when there is enough interest. I have a complete Howard/Arias and a complete Skinner.

winduptoy, Hnstray, 302GMC and 2 others like this.