Register now to get rid of these ads!

FISH CARBURETORS

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by chettar, Jan 30, 2016.

1. chettar

chettar

Until yesterday I had never heard of a Fish carburetor but have done some research and find the history and use of the Fish carburetor in racing very interesting. I was contacted and have been offered the opportunity to purchase at least 8 carburetors, several of which are still in the original boxes. Without going into great detail the person selling these carburetors along with a lot of other 50's and 60's racing equipment is having health issues and wants to liquidate all his stuff before his health deterioates any further. Does anyone know if there is a demand for them and what the value might be? I found a picture of a Flathead in a 32 roadster that had 2 mounted on the intake and it really looked Kool and different. They would certainly make a great conversation piece on an engine.

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just imagine.. found this car / display yesterday at a vintage modified show / race at New Smyrna Beach Speedway. I couldn't get a good shot of the carbs, but I guess they were essentially an improved version of a Stromberg. I think the oldster on the bumper was part of the "deal" but don't know. I heard the car was in a museum some place in Daytona. Gary
    DSC_9586aW1600.jpg

3. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Gary that car used to belong to my ex father in law. I helped him with few things on it like a clutch and a few other things. He started thinning his collection a couple year's ago and sold it. Glad to say he and I are still best of friend's.
    Gregg

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Greg, well dang - it's a small, small world, our little HAMB-O-RAMA! Gary