Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects First time out since some winter time projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Mar 24, 2013.

1. FINALLY, the rotten spring we've been having and my crappy work schedule gave me a break at the same time and I was able to take my car for a test drive . This past winter I did a few things to the Belair. I replaced the stock 3spd with a 3spd O/D. I was luckey enough to score the wiring harness, shorter front driveshaft and other associated parts when I got the trans so it is setup like it came from the factory. I also swapped out the oem Rochester for a Carter YF3211. It was a straight bolt on and runs MUCH better. Also added a ipod/amp setup. Lastly I used part of my xmas bonus for a set of 14x6 Supremes. I think the fit the car well.
    All went well with the drive.
    The trans worked without any problems but to be honest I think I will keep the handle pulled out (O/D disabled) unless I am on the highway. the 3:55 stock gears with the 30% O/D reduction is to gutless on the winding and twisting hiilly roads we have here in New England, Still glad I did it though.
    Hopefully we'll get some more decent weather soon. We're supposed to get snow again tomorrow. WTF!!!
    Todd

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      100 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

I like the wheels. Nice car.

3. I am a dye in the wool Ford man,but I have a soft spot in my heart for white 60 Chevy 4 doors,,my friend down the street had one when I was a teenager and we had some great times in that car.:) HRP

4. Yea, it's a great cruiser. The wife even likes it!:D

5. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

good looking car...

6. studemisfit

studemisfit

Looks really good, just wish spring would finally hit here.