Register now to get rid of these ads!

First time Iowa show Sept 22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bob cutler, Sep 16, 2012.

1. bob cutler

bob cutler

There having a car run and drags including a burn out contest on sept 22, open to any car, check out the website circleofpridemc.com theres more info on there, swap meet, vendors, free camping live music, looks like fun. Near conesville iowa.

2. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

I'll be there !! Don't think I'll be racing the 35, just watching and sipping on a couple of cold ones !!!

3. bob cutler

bob cutler

Anybody else going?

4. bob cutler

bob cutler

Sounds like the weather is going to be nice, high of upper 50s to low 60s,will try to post pics sunday.

5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is this going to be a family event or the normal Circle Of Pride type deal?

6. bob cutler

bob cutler

It dosnt say anything about no one under 21, really dont know anymore than that.

7. herb65

herb65
    from iowa

Just Thought I would give my 02 cents on the Bare Bones show in Conesville. This show was a positively awesome even, It was bood family event that had racin,music, car show,food and of course beverage.Everyone had helpful and positive attitude during the event, the racing was non stop action in a very laid back kind of way and just plain good fun.The race announcer was a hoot by calling the he sees it.The flag starter girl was cool and did her job perfectly.Also met the two guys responsible for event, one I think was the Circle of Pride land owner and the other was from the Rock Island car club, sorry terrible at remembering names but two great guys none the less.Keep up the good work and want to see this show happen again! This is what hot rods are all about getting together with freinds and fams and having a kick ass time.H

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

Had a great time, lots of racing and cars. Sounds like there will be 2 shows next year, 1 in June the other in September. It was a family event also.

10. bob cutler

bob cutler

If you would like to see some pics and a short video go to circleofpridemc web site and click on the bare bones link lots of pics.

11. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saturday was a tough day to decide what show to go to in Iowa. Tthere were shows in Washington, Tama, West Des Moines and an invite show in Cedar Rapids.