Register now to get rid of these ads!

First post, never posted on anything before.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Papa Ford, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Papa Ford

Papa Ford

I am 58 years old, and have the 51 f1 my dad taught me to drive with. It has been in our family for 45 plus years. I traded up a 88 Lincoln Mark vii and I am planning on using the drivetrain in the truck. I have been a mechanic for 43 years, yep started in a service station at 15. I have never built a hot rod or restomod or rat rod and thought this would be a good place to discuss things. If my ways are not your ways I will not bother anyone. Thanks for the time.

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  2. Papa Ford

Papa Ford

I am from the mountains of North Carolina, I have a deep love of anything old especially trucks and cars. I have worked on model A's and many other classics. If I can be of assistance I will be happy to help. I also will be looking for a few things for the fifty 1 mostly patch panels for fenders, and some ideas on running board repairs.

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Sounds like a good project. Post some photo's of what you do as you go along. There are several good places you can easily get parts for that body. I am a Chevy guy so I do not have a good list of them but you can begin checking out the Ford Barn online. Others should come along with more info on parts suppliers if you need them.
    Good luck, Jimmie

4. Roys40

Roys40

There is tons of helpful info here and someone will chime in on the running boards shortly with a link. I asked the same question in my introduction and had it answered rather quickly! Good luck and awesome story!

5. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome and enjoy ! Ed.

6. Just a heads up,I have been a member of the Hamb for a few years and I can tell you the the restomod & rat rod terminology's are frowned on here,just trying to get you started on the right foot.

The hamb is all about traditional hot rods & customs,read the rules and you will be miles ahead,Welcome to the site from South Carolina. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.