Register now to get rid of these ads!

First Fireup!!! Injected Drag/ Street Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DaveyJonez, Mar 31, 2010.

1. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

We fired up my little roadster today for the first time (hopefully HAMB friendly in spite of disc brakes, electric fan, anodized fittings, etc), I'm pretty excited- needs a little tuning, timing set etc. Still sounds pretty good though. I video'd the first startup:

Thanks!

Dave

2. blt2go

blt2go

sounds great, i found it very easy to overlook the "un"traditional items. that is a good looking ride. keep up the good work.

3. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

You are a brave man indeed. Your face right next to the stacks on a first fire up... guess you never had one pop back on you. :rolleyes:

But it revs great like an injected engine should. Sounds fairly quiet do you have baffles in the pipes?

4. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Yeah, the pipes are baffled- I was surprised how quiet it is as well.

My dad (brave man setting barrel valve)and I have built countless injected motors, this is the first one for the street. We set it up on the rich side for startup.

Thanks for the Compliments,
    Dave

5. fasteddie

fasteddie
    from mass.

sounds great looks fine,whats the make and model of you headers love them

6. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

Holy shit!!!
    I want one for my bucket!

7. haychrishay

haychrishay

Nothin like the way an injected motor revs up! wish I had one!

8. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

The headers are Sanderson zoomies, I'm going to build a set of custom collector "street roadster" type headers for it as well- trying to make the Roundup, so these are going to have to do for now, I'm happy w/ them.

This car started out as a gigantic collection of junk that I bought off of EvilBay as a "nice little car that needs nothing to be daily driven."

When I went to pick it up I realized it was a cobbled together piece of crap.

But, I liked the body (although ROUGH)- an ancient fiberglass piece w/ short cowl and pushed back "altered" style, and the frame was narrow and had some "character" for lack of a better description.

So, I thought I would tear it apart and start from scratch building an injected "Street Freak, Altered, Drag Roadster" type car.

We spent hours getting the body as straight as I could (its still pretty potatoe chippy) and cutting horrific brackets, cross-member, etc. off of the frame.

Just need to finish the interior, hopefully will be cruising around Austin next weekend.

Thanks Again,
    Dve

9. Looks great. I can't wait to see it in person.

10. Tell us about the car. Engine,trans,rear,steering and any other data.
    looks good sounds great

11. abone1930

abone1930

Sounds awesome. Have you ever messed witha crower injection setup? I have one I am going to run on a vdrive boat. Can you set these up for pump gas? Or do I need to stick with alky? Man that is one bad to T roadster:D Injected motors have such nice throttle response :D

12. I like your comment
    "I think Im going to need a roll cage"

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That should shake up the troops in Austin for sure.

14. great Dav, sounds really nice.

15. That thing sounds like it will rip it up!! Very Nice!!

16. Dave, that's one Killer Ride!:cool:

Nice to see real injectors and not the Mock style that fit over a singLe 4 BBL!

Keep us posted!

17. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

the sweet sound of freshly burt fuel. nice work.

18. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Very Nice Dave! "I think I'm going to need a roll cage." That's funny!

19. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really respect what this board is all about, and its members- the positive feedback means alot to me.

The motor is just your standard little 30 over sbc, 2.02 heads, vertex mag, -80 pump, etc. 9 inch ford rear, full manual 350 trans w/ 2800 stahl converter, which is where the cam comes in (I plan on putting a 4 speed in it @ some point). The above video is on regular 'ol 93 octane pump gas.

Abone1930: Alcohol is a lot more forgiving, but you certainly can run your Crower setup on gas. There are some key things that must happen in effectively setting up any mechanical fuel injection system- pm me if you need some help w/ it.

I am going to put a rollbar on the car!

Thanks Again,
    Dave