Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage First cruise - in this year ( photos added )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2020.

1. I didn't mean it as a put down and I totally agree the family is far more important than trophy's, I am not anti awards or trophy guy but far too often people that should be given credit for their accomplishments take a back seat to friends that are associated with the show promoters.

A example - Show billed as a Antique Car Show, a local Ford dealer brought a new truck & a new Mustang, they both won a trophy, Brenda's wagon was going to receive a award for a top ten, I suggested they give that award to a young guy with a t bucket parked beside us, the kid was on cloud nine and he said he thought our wagon was going to win, I told him all the judges look for something different and unique.

I have received my share of trophy's and I have one that is near & dear to my hear, it's about the ugliest one I have ever seen but the wife of a close friend surprised me with what is now called the "Will Drake Memorial Award" at a big show, it was a good thing I was wearing sun glasses because I was crying like a little girl. HRP

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    wicarnut likes this.
  2. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I was parked behind the wagon and overheard Danny tell the judge to give the trophy to the young guy and his wife, his dad had just passed away and they were building the car together, the kids were really excited.

3. A small group of us have been burning up the Sask. country side every 2nd or 3rd weekend.
    With no car shows or cruises in the forseeable future this is all we have to get our automotive fix.
    Way more bugs than the average car show. Resized_20200627_144023.jpeg

TBirdGirl26 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.