Register now to get rid of these ads!

First Car "Nick Names"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedwagen, Jan 27, 2008.

1. It seems that every car I own gets a "Nick Name"

The first one was a 53 Studebaker that I had in High School
    It was called "Mischief Maker" because it rymed with "Studebaker"

Next came the Warrior, a 36 Ford Pickum up
    (which I would like to have back)

[​IMG]

What did you name your first ride ???

2. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

mine is the idiot magnet

3. carmarket

carmarket

mine is the [one eighteen] my eight year old daughter named it.Its the day and month of her b-day.

4. Not mine but I did find this car in the bush awhile back. Nicknamed the "The Wanderer".

Attached Files:

5. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

My first car was a silver/grey and black 69 Olds 442. We used to run a street race "40 Mile Punch". It was never beaten. One guy said it was gone like a ghost when I punched it and so he called it the "Grey Ghost"...it stuck.

48 Poncho

6. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

My first car was a 50 merc coupe. I put lowering blocks on it and heated the front springs till it practicly fell on the ground. LOL It rode so ruff that my friends said it rode like a wagon. After I painted it tahesion red, I had a little wagon painted on the finder at the bottom behind the wheel opening and had "Little Red Wagon" lettered below it. Damn I wish I had it back. That was in 1957. Missed it so much that I bought a 50 and a 51 merc within the last 2 months. I think I will air bag the one I decide to build. Too old to ride in "little red wagon" now LOL:D Thanks BOBBY FORD

7. I used to paint names on the side of cars for a few extra bucks. I loved it when guys would name their cars after their Chicks, you knew their would be a return customer--after she "booted him to the curb"

8. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

I built a pro street 41 ford coupe a couple cars back and a good buddy of mine said it looked like a big tater bug. So thats what we called that car, one of my sign painting buddies even made me a neat sign for my shop that reads "tatersville", it's still hanging on the wall.

9. 5window

5window

The first car we named was my '73 VW bus-oh yeah, we lived in it until we built our first house-which we did ourselves-real "back to the land"ers. Named her "Rachel". It wasn't a very good car, but it was a good name-we used it for our third daughter. She's a great kid, now a woman,so we still like the name.

10. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

for some reason all my first cars were called "susie" that is what my mom and grandma used to call them. my most recent car "hooligan"

11. wyoming

wyoming
    from My house

the smutmobile it wa a 67 chevy van

12. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

mine was Buckwheat

13. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Piece of Shit comes to mind:rolleyes:

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fuckin' shit box. Because it was.

15. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Lucille, because of the Kenny Rogers song, "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille". It would always break down at the worst time or place.....

16. groove

groove
    from kelowna BC

My 65 Merc was named 'Star' when my grandparents bought her new in 64. The name stuck, dont ask me why. My 2 year old thinks its great, though.

17. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

I like the one that Darrell Waltrip named one of his racecars, it was "Wilma" and it stood for; Wilma car do this , Wilma car do that, Wilma car make it to the end of the race?!

18. 41woodie

41woodie

Kind of depended on how it was running, varied between "pile of crap" and "total pile of crap"

19. i had the word "OUCH" painted on both sides .. but piece of shit worked also..

20. silent rick

silent rick

cadillac bob accuses me of naming my dogs after strippers. i never named a car.

21. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

22. green bean.jpg
    :rolleyes:
    This one was called the "green bean", which after many years was shortened to the "Bean", it was a goofy aqua blue color

Believe it or not--I totaled it in a drive in movie :p

23. chopp

chopp
    from NY to VA

i'm sad to say my first car was the old family minivan. the first week i had it a friend of mine crashed it and the drivers side of the nose was busted and bent. i obviously wasn't going to fix the car right but i got a new headlight and since none of the mounts lined up, i just zip tied it in so it was legal to avoid the man. me and my friends appropriately named it "the terminator" because it resembled arnold's f*cked up eye in the terminator movie.

24. Truckedup

Truckedup

25. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My first 56' Chevrolet was an all red 210 dr sedan, a friend started calling it, "the TOMATO; after a night of cruising and having engine trouble, it became, "the ROTTEN TOMATO". First bracket car was a 56' Chevrolet 150 2 dr sedan; called it "DANDELION" after the Rolling Stones' song, it was all white and lettered on the trunk was "DANDELION WILL MAKE YOU WISE", a line from the song. So, a friend has the trunk on his Firebird lettered, "BLOW AWAY DANDELION". Second bracket car, another 56' Chevrolet 150, only a business coupe, was called, "STRICTLY BUSINESS". After I gutted the interior on the car, and only having a drivers bucket seat it was renamed, "STANDING ROOM ONLY". My front engine dragster was only a 120" wheelbase car, "SHORT CIRCUIT". Never named my rear motor super comp dragster, never finished it. NHRA and their weekly rule changes and SFI certification doo-dads killed that project. The 5 point safety harnesses out-dated TWICE while I was building the car! Got back into 56' Chevrolets; I've only had 9 of them. The current one's a 56' Chevrolet Sedan Delivery, I just refer to it as, "the DELIVERY". Don't usually give my driver cars a nick name.

26. Rochlow

Rochlow
    from Vermont

Needed a winter beater, and my gramps took a ex-police car in on trade.. When I peeled the safety stripe and emblem of the side.. Most of the paint came with it.. Spray bombed the side to "match"...

Called it "Car 54"... Had more fun in that piece of crap..

27. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Ahhhhh hahaha! I don't name mine, I name everyone else's.:D

Drewfus' BELLA DONNA 55 Buick:
    [​IMG]

Rat Bastad's PROM QUEEN 57 Chevy Bel-Air.........also known as "WHERES MY BABY?!":
    [​IMG]

Ragdoll named my black Poncho JEZEBEL cuz she's a dirty rotten whore *:D Yes I've got a potty mouth!:D*:
    [​IMG]

28. Friend had a 55 Chevy, had wide whites and a radiused rear wheel opening, called it the Clown Car, my 65 Chevelle was Satisfaction, back in the day!

29. Heckler

Heckler
    from Austin, TX

64 Chevy Impala - "Leapin' Lena"

30. Gigantor

Gigantor

My white 69 Pontiac Executive that I got from a girlfriend's parents for the price of handing tools to her stepdad while he changed the timing chain (thanks for the lesson, Pat!) was "Moby Dick". 21 some-odd feet of 4-door gas guzzling fun that caught air a few times and had plenty of room for even my lanky ass to get laid in the back. I loved that car. They call me Ishmael.