Register now to get rid of these ads!

First annual E vs. W flathead run pics and report!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Man, we had a blast. John and I would like to personally thank everyone that helped and showed up at the event. Despite the bad weather on both ends, it was PERFECT in vantage. Lots of EXCELLENT NW cars showed up. Thank you to Everyyone and a big thanks to Blustery's for letting us have the event in their parking lot, and another big thank you to the rest of the Emperors and Amocat crew for their help as well. We have been planning this for over a year and it went very smoothly and we had a great turn out. We are already planning another event next year.

Just for the record East side won 47 to 21. Better bring it next year West side :D

Here are my pics. We met at Antique Auto Ranch in Spokane at 5:30 and left a little after 6. Funny thing is I think we had more mechanical brake/babbit bearing cars then hydrallic brake/shell bearing cars! Only one brake down, my Dad's Model A pickup munched a cam gear but everyone else had little if not no problems. Thanks again everyone!!!

Met at Antique Auto Ranch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the road. Hit a little rain here and there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. Getting close

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This bridge crosses the Columbia River and dumps you right into Vantage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blustery's right off I-90
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The show

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My favorite car of the show. Man, now I really wanna sell my coupe sp I can work on mine :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Thee women of Thee Emperors posing with Jillian's T. Yes, she drove this there along with 4 other bone stock Model T's. Thanks so much for the help and support Ladies!!

[​IMG]

Thee Emperors doing what they do best...
    [​IMG]

The drive back today. Got a little soggy twards home
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Awesome Chris!!!

BloodyKnuckles

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Man, all was good until the trip home.

I blew up on snoqualmie pass. Kept it going and it got me home but the damage was fatal. 4 spun rod bearings, 2 spun mains, 4 rods trashed and i lost my wicked cam.

It'll be back though

I had the 47 plymouth with the over cammed flathead 6

8. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

Chris thanks to you all for a great day. Looking forward to next year.
    John

9. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

Chris i just got this e-mail from Al

hi John, greetings from Canada. I want to thank you and the rest of the Inland Emperor's for giving me such a great time and the gifts of Allison's art work. Your hospitality and open arms are very nice to see for a way out of towner. I had a big smile all the way home. I told my wife Linda and she wants to come next year as does my bud Neil in his chopped 47 F1. My coupe ran well without a hitch and it looks like it was about a 1200 or 1300 mile run that weekend for me. I will confirm my mileage in the next few days when I empty my wallet of my notes. Saturday evening I ran out of energy and so stayed at Dan's in Kelowna. This morning it was out to his shop coffee in hand to look at his 49 carson top Merc. Once again thanks for proving the brotherhood of the flathead is alive and well. I offer all of you the same should you ever be in southern BC. I will see you next September. Regards AL

I'll post some pics later

thanks everybody

10. AWESOME MAN! Thats what it's all about!!

11. I'm not surprised the west side lost.

12. josh higgins

josh higgins

Thank you to Thee Inland Emperors for putting on an event that inspired me to drive a 1 1/2 ton truck the 150 miles to vantage and back. And yes, it was uphill both ways. The truck seemed to handle it pretty well (with some help from Mr. Dynaflash_8 and his roll of duct tape) and aside from the fact that she's flatout at 50 MPH, the scenery was beautiful, the people involved were great, and I'm glad the old hauler was able to do her part for the west side. Next year though I WILL be driving something else, unless there's extra points awarded for sheer flathead tonnage! Thanks again from Josh at AMOCAT.

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Very cool.......I would give whats left of my nuts for that red 34 roadster...dammmm she is sweet.

14. What a perfect bunch of cars. Thanks!

15. Thanks for the pics..and the coverage. Looks like a great start to an annual event.

16. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

WOW.....and those ladies wow

17. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

18. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

19. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

20. doubletubtrouble

doubletubtrouble

gorilla, chicken and rabbit rocked!!!

21. flat34pu

flat34pu

:Dthat looks like a great little run, im sure the east side will be better prepaired next year.
    rich

22. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Is that the name of the band??? I told my wife about them, and now she wants to see if she can get a CD. Thanks Chris and the Inland Emperors!

23. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

DUDE! I think you mean the west!

24. lorodz

lorodz

looked to be a great time ...

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Incredible Chris. Glad everything turned out great! Looks like a really rad turnout with my kind of cars!!! That red 34 Roadster is awesome dude..... that should be you're aim.

Your friends sports coupe is awesome too.

26. hellrod666

hellrod666
    from seattle wa

Thanks to all the Inland Emperors . We (Beggars car club) had a great time. I hope next year we (the west side) have a better turn out. It was alot of fun .. what do you think about 2 days next time... stay over night and go back the next day? You guys that didnt go missed a great time and by going back roads it makes it a fun road trip.

27. looks like alot of good stuff happening with good cars and great people.....nice to see the old trucks (48-40) are using the same blocks I do...

28. couverkid

couverkid

Why does the chicken have dirty knees?

29. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

30. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane