Register now to get rid of these ads!

First Air bag problem...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FONZI, Nov 25, 2003.

1. FONZI

FONZI

Just FYI for folks considering air bag suspension....I am REALLY pleased with the performance of my air suspension. I recently had my 1ST problem in 2yrs of service. I was cruisin, went to hit my switch and had NADA....I figured it was the pressure switch becasue my compressor wouldn't tun on. Turned out to be the in line fuse. Instead of just replacing it I also added a relay. Now, I should be bulletproof. Bags have been pretty damn reliable for me.

FONZI

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Fonzi,,, when set up correctly you get what you have,, no maintenance and long life..

3. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

Which air bags did you use? Im going to be putting some in my 50 chevy and have been weighing options...

4. FONZI

FONZI

i think the bags were Firestone....It has been a few years, but I am pretty sure. I know there are some others out there now that are good too.

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

there is probably a reason that fuse blew. maybe your compressor is about ready to quit.

6. DrJ

DrJ

Fonzi.
    You should have both those circuits fused now, you do right?
    The switch to the relay fused and the relay to the compressor fused, or circuit breakers.