Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Firestone radials.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodder1932, Jul 5, 2018.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I put a set of F560 Firestones (Coker) on my friends deuce 3W, no problems.

2. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

Definitely not Firestone. Third party probably a separate company owned by Coker. My understanding it is some of the original molds that were restored. On Youtube somewhere is a video of a factory walk through in the 90s.

3. dan31

dan31

Anyone running Diamond Back Auburns yet?. I have use their white wall tires for years with no problems at all but have not run Auburns yet.Yes,I know that they are not bias but it's better than square tires.

4. BJR

BJR

An out of balance tire can be fixed without compromising the tread, with weights. An out of round tire needs to be shaved to make round. This is done by shaving off the tread on the high spot. Who wants a BRAND NEW tire with an area that has less tread then the rest of the tire? If Speedway is selling this crap and will not honor returns, we should all get the word out and quit buying from them. What's next, Speedway joining the Hoffman Group?

Unkl Ian, Deuces and hotrodA like this.
  5. That puts a whole new wrinkle on my other post.
    I posted thinking that they were modern production Firestones, mcg by BGSTN/FST.
    If Coker made them as a private label, there's your beef.
    I fail to see how Corky Coker can continue this business model and profess to be the enthusiast oriented vendor he has built his reputation on. There seems to be a common perception, from posts on here, that this issue continues to exist.
    There has to be a standard for unacceptable run out. If it's exceeded, adjust the tire! It's plain and simple. If you don't handle LEGITIMATE customer issues, you've just put a dollar amount on your reputation.
    Sorry, rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    a boner likes this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

They're low production had made tires, that are copies of 50 year old cheap tires, I don't expect them to be perfect. I have a set of Coker bias tires (coker classic rear, BFG front) that are pretty much the cheapest bias tires they sell, and they seem to be about as bad as I remember bias tires being 40 years ago. Which makes them perfect for a traditional car.

RidgeRunner likes this.
  7. A Boner

A Boner

Remind me to not buy tires from Speedway Motors with a policy like that.........spread the word.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. Where does Coker have their stuff made ?

9. If there is no run out in the wheel,
    then "adjusting" the tire isn't going to make a difference.
    That just moves the eccentricity of the tread.

10. If you're referring to my post, by "adjusting the tire" I was talking about replacing the tire under warranty. We referred to it as a no charge adjustment, as the tire is new with original tread depth remaining. Not to be confused with rotating the tire on the rim, which if is at zero run out already, won't make a difference.

Unkl Ian likes this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I wholeheartedly agree, surprised at Speedway on this normally they are quite fair on returns of defective stujff. How in the Hell are you supposed to know the tire has runout before you mount it? Much more of that kinda shit and Speedway goes on my spam list.