Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Firestone Deluxe Champions (painting the lettering)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Not going to let the cat out of the bag just yet( well tell it's done) .. I will be needing to buy a new set of Firestone Deluxe Champions (black wall ). I'm done with the white walls.
    I've always liked the looks of Firestone emblem and lettering on the tires painted in or outlined in white or some contrasting color.. What is the best way of doing this ? or just have a pinstriper do with one shot ? I also have seen these tire penz... just looking for some direction . sorry I lifted this picture of Brian Bass car for an example bass.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. Some auto parts stores carry small white paint pens just for this purpose, or there's usually several on e-bay.
    The paint will almost always turn brown after a while, so you will be touching them up every so often.
    Not hard to do just takes a fairly steady hand.

Mick

DSCF0669 (Copy).JPG

270ci and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. Never2low

Never2low

4. White 1-shot and a cigarette butt.

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Why not just buy white letter tires that say something like HUSTLER on the side walls, really cool man! How about just painting the small Firestone badge gold with a paint pen?

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've always liked the look of painted tire logos on stone stock Model A Fords, check the Ford Barn there may be some tips posted there. Bob

7. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

This paint pen is pretty expensive, but it works well. I've used them a bunch. You can usually do a full set and a round of touch up with one pen. It turns brown eventually, but they all do. Coker also offers this in gold.

https://www.cokertire.com/white-paint-pen.html

lurker mick likes this.
  8. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I've got a can of 1-Shot...

9. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

I just finished a set of slicks using the tire pen from Coker. Was not too hard.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 4.07.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 4.07.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 4.08.24 PM.png

Chucky and Todd553 like this.
  10. Doug , I don't have that much game to be a HUSTLER lol. I'll let the cat out of the bag Wednesday evening ... stay tuned... I like the idea of the just the Firestone badge just gold.. need to order tires sometime real soon !

11. CJ 56 hemi

CJ 56 hemi
    from NJ

Joeyesmen, that ride is awesome. Pretty close to perfect if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

12. Staples,Office Depot & Hobby Lobby sell a paint pen made like the Coker pen for around 4 bucks.

I have been using these pens on hub caps for years.

they are all oil base enamel and dry fast. HRP

[​IMG]

13. was watching Ch****g C*****c C**r show the other evening. I remember of some the big 30's cars (Packard, Lincoln, etc) he laid down a thin stripe on the black wall tires... May be to much... thought is was cool touch..

14. I will check , we have all three of those here in town... Just need to order some new tires..... stay tuned...

15. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Fred Meyer carries Krylon paint pens.

17. I realize these tires are way off topic as far as vehicle but saw these in a truck stop and they were painted on and really look good. If you looked up close they were cracked but I have experienced that real white letters crack too. 1510158740467.jpg 1510158751152.jpg

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app